The New eQ2b

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I still want to know if you can disable the "beep" it makes when you hit the manual button

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
JohnMarcson said:
I still want to know if you can disable the "beep" it makes when you hit the manual button

Wow my old department had one on there tanker and it didn't beep when you hit the manual. Wonder if there is a DIP Switch in there witch controls that. I hope they made this one sound less like a dying cat. I also wonder what the priority sounds like.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
backdraft51 said:
Wow my old department had one on there tanker and it didn't beep when you hit the manual. Wonder if there is a DIP Switch in there witch controls that. I hope they made this one sound less like a dying cat. I also wonder what the priority sounds like.

I think it is just the new one that beeps.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I bet it still sounds like crap. If you want a "Q", get one. They are chrome and go on the bumper.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
WS224 said:
I bet it still sounds like crap. If you want a "Q", get one. They are chrome and go on the bumper.
I agree, however, for commercial chasis it is often very hard to retrofit one onto it. We have a junk commercial pumper we tried to get an electronic Q put on it and still didn't have room for the speaker. Now we have a weak ass pa300.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Bigassfireman said:
I agree, however, for commercial chasis it is often very hard to retrofit one onto it. We have a junk commercial pumper we tried to get an electronic Q put on it and still didn't have room for the speaker. Now we have a weak ass pa300.

An eQ2B can be used with any 100 watt speaker, or any two 100 watt speakers, including the speaker or speakers you're currently using with your PA300.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
backdraft51 said:

The old one didn't beep. The new ones does. I want to know if that beep can be disable since i use the manual switch heavily on an eQ.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
shues said:
An eQ2B can be used with any 100 watt speaker, or any two 100 watt speakers, including the speaker or speakers you're currently using with your PA300.

Let me clarify, the white hats said the driver didn't fit. Just gave up and sent it back. Didn't let any of us who know anything about that stuff to even try to take a look.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Bigassfireman said:
Let me clarify, the white hats said the driver didn't fit. Just gave up and sent it back. Didn't let any of us who know anything about that stuff to even try to take a look.

Is it just me or is it ironic that the bigassfireman is saying the driver didn't fit?

I think you mean the amp. Pertaining to sirens, the driver is the sound generating portion of the speaker.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I see what you were saying. The original eQ2B does have a rather large amplifier for what it is. It appears that the new eQ2B has a smaller amplifier, judging by the photos that I have seen.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
WS224 said:
Is it just me or is it ironic that the bigassfireman is saying the driver didn't fit?

I think you mean the amp. Pertaining to sirens, the driver is the sound generating portion of the speaker.
You are correct, I'm not working with much sleep since the little one likes to party from 4am on.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
Sounds decent to me. Is there any difference in the tone from the old one? The FedSig info seems to imply that is is just a redesign of the faceplate and amplifier.

The yelp and priority tones sound especially good to me (the yelp sounds a little like the PA200 or PA150) and I like that the horn doesn't cut out the Q.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
theolog said:
Sounds decent to me. Is there any difference in the tone from the old one? The FedSig info seems to imply that is is just a redesign of the faceplate and amplifier.

The yelp and priority tones sound especially good to me (the yelp sounds a little like the PA200 or PA150) and I like that the horn doesn't cut out the Q.

Actually, to me (and IIRC, many people on here), it sounds almost exactly like the Yelp tone on the PA-5, which is why I love it....I figure I'll never get a PA-5, so I may as well have something that sounds like it, lol....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.