 200W power output dual tone

 Integrated radio rebroadcast

 Integrated horn ring activation

 Integrated park kill activation

 130 dB

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
Do you or will you have a video or place where we can hear the new and remastered tones? Seriously considering purchasing, but hesitant after reading multiple reviews that the siren tones are not as "beefy" or "powerful" as say Whelen or Federal Signal...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
id like to hear a better or longer version of the mechanical.. sounds like they started the file mid way through the "test"

Reactions: JohnMarcson

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I've been very impressed with how much this company has grown over the past few years (I remember how ppl here were getting so fed up waiting for the site to open up when the company was launching & wondering if it was gonna be another STL, but now they're probably the biggest Feniex fans out there lol).

The one thing I'm still not a fan of, however, are the siren tones, particularly the wail....I think it still sounds like a cheap KO siren tone. I can't really criticize the mechanical sound too much (since nobody except for Whelen has ever made one that sounded legit), but this mechanical takeoff is a pretty poor one IMO.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I've got the 200 watt that I tested the other night and the ecto1 sounds really good. All of the tones actually sound pretty good. Love the intersection tones! When paired with the triton speakers, it's is LOUD! I forgot my hearing protection when I tested it and I regret that.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
200 watts through 100 watt speaker = magic smoke....

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
200 watts through 100 watt speaker = magic smoke....

The storm 200 watt siren is essentially two 100 watt sirens within the same housing. There is separate transformers, speaker outputs, and tone inputs for each. Utilizing 1 100watt speaker and half the siren is definitely doable, and there will be no magic smoke.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
2 tone inputs for each? hows that work?

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
2 tone inputs for each? hows that work?

6 tone inputs for each speaker, so 12 inputs total. Each gets set to a tone individually. If you activate 1 input with the same tone on each speaker they will automatically synchronize and there is your 200 watts. If you also activate tone delay the two will become out of phase to simulate two units responding. If you activate two different tones at the same time you basically get two different toned 100 watt sirens.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
any word when the 100 watter is going into production.. im waiting on buying one and so is a guy on my squad....

Reactions: kabsher8093

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
any word when the 100 watter is going into production.. im waiting on buying one and so is a guy on my squad....
Last video i saw on Feniex's youtube page, before the 200 W came out, said "first quarter of next year"... That video was posted on Nov. 2015 though..
but that video also had the Ghostbusters theme song... which i dont think came out on these 200 W units.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Last video i saw on Feniex's youtube page, before the 200 W came out, said "first quarter of next year"... That video was posted on Nov. 2015 though..
but that video also had the Ghostbusters theme song... which i dont think came out on these 200 W units.

Correct, they were unable to get the licensing from Sony for this run. I believe they said they were still going to be trying for it, along with maybe the minions "Bee-doo". I'm hoping the 100 W will be out in this quarter, but only time will tell. Also, I'd love to see the RJ-45 ports operational with the 4200's and ability to upload tones, but I love the siren so far. No major complaints!

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
geez I just bought the 200w..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
but when will the ghostbusters them be licensed for it? next quarter? i dont want one missing the most important feature...:D

Reactions: kabsher8093

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
trying to read the wiring diagram on feneix's website, it seems vary vague...

the sirens can only have 4 out of the 19 tones selected at any time???

say if i want ecto, wail, yelp, and mech, but would also like phaser its not an option? or am i missing something?

need more input...

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Ja
trying to read the wiring diagram on feneix's website, it seems vary vague...

the sirens can only have 4 out of the 19 tones selected at any time???

say if i want ecto, wail, yelp, and mech, but would also like phaser its not an option? or am i missing something?

need more input...

You're correct Jarred, the 100W version only allows 4 tones to be selected at any time.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
but the horn ring option adds 3 more options?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
but the horn ring option adds 3 more options?

The way the horn ring works is if it's activated and you don't have any of the tone inputs activated then it will act like a horn. If you have lets say you set tone 1 up as wail and have it activated. They you activate horn ring it will switch to Yelp. Page 9 shows what the tone will change to based on what configured tone you have selected.

Looking at the tone pairs you can set it up the way you want it though because the alternate tone for Mechanical is Phaser when the horn ring is activated. So lets say you set tone 1 to ecto, tone 2 to wail, tone 3 to yelp, and tone 4 to mech. To activate Phaser you will activate tone 4 and then activate the horn ring. You can either wire the horn ring to your car's horn or a momentary button.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok my "hopes" were to have ecto, wail, yelp, and mech, with a momentary for horn

it seems if i have no tones turned on then i get horn, but if your responding and want to have the horn for intersection then you have to turn it off for that?o_O

am i reading this as you can have 4 set tones on the on off switch but if you hit the horn ring it the reverts to the page 9 set which technically gives you 8 tones?

im asking all these questions because i want to make sure im not over engineering this because i want to make my own switch box with a rotary knob and 2 momentary switches but if only 1 momentary switch actually does anything then whats the point of having 2? on the supplied switch panel

:confused:

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
It depends on how you have it setup. The way they have thought about it is that tones 1-3 are set to what you want and tone 4 is set for horn if you want to use the horn. They didn't just make tone 4 horn instead of a selectable tone in case someone didn't want or need the horn function.

For page 9 yes you technically can have 8 different tones if you use 4 of the standard tones.

You can still make it work the way you want it, with a little modification to your design. So you can use a rotary knob, 1 momentary switch, and 1 on/off. The rotary switch would be wired for tones 1-3. The momentary switch will be wired to tone 4 for horn function and on/off to horn ring. Set tone 1 as ecto, tone 2 as wail, tone 3 as mech, and obviously tone 4 as horn. Using the horn ring switch will change tone 2 to yelp and tone 3 to phaser.

You can set tones 1-3 in what ever order you want but tone 4 has to be horn because tone 4 overrides tones 1-3.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok now its starting to make a lil more sense... still overly complicated though...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
or in another case. if you had a 6 position rotary switch you could have

1a
1b
2a
2b
3a
3b

and youd "think" you actually had 6 tones... plus horn.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok this whole still not being able to edit just makes my post count more... so what is the alternative to ecto as it is not on page 9 ?

it would have to be
1a wail
1b yelp

2a mech
2b phaser

then ecto by itself?

and horn?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I'm not sure if you could do it all by rotary switch only like you are thinking because I don't think you can activate the tone and horn ring at the same time. I think you have to have a delay between activating the tone and the horn ring. I'll try to test it tomorrow if I have time.

Their is no alternative to echo, since it's an audio tone. If I'm remembering correctly audio tones ignore the horn ring.

Yes, it would be correct if the tone and horn ring can be activated at the same time. If so you could even set it up something like this
1a. Ecto
1b. Nothing

2a. wail
2b. yelp

3a. mech.
3b. phaser

horn on a momentary switch

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
o_OLet me know how your research turns out please. How do you cycle the audio tones... I can't put a 200 watt in car due to it being so small but the novelty of the bad boys and ecto is the selling point of this but those 2 would eliminate tones I would actually need....

Sounds like this needs a redesign alreadyo_O

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Will do, I won't have a chance to test it till sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Cycling the audio tones is really easy. Activate one of the 4 tones and use the push button on the side of the siren to cycle through the tones. When you get to the one you want simply remove power from the tone and move on to the next one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.