The NEW Storm Pro 200W Siren System!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
hmm. might remote mount the selector button to the controller i want to make...

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I had a chance to do some quick testing this morning. You can not activate a tone and horn ring at the same time. The siren unit doesn't know what to do and may for a brief second sound the horn tone and then it just goes silent. Also having a tone and the horn ring hooked together not powered up will cause the horn to go off constantly.

When an audio tone like the ecto is activated it will ignore the horn ring input.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok so a 3 position slider or rotary switch and 2 momentary it is then.

is the siren in a "stand by" mode when no tones are activated or is it completely off and the tone selection activates a relay which turns it on?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok so now that i have the siren in hand there is no actual "horn" tone... it is horn plus or + horn.

horn + or + horn can be put in any position, but since 4 is the highest number you have to put it there if you want it to overirde 1, 2, and 3...

why does this thing have a mini usb and a rj45 port on it if it says in the instructions "not used" maybe a hacker can add other tones?

mine came from the factory with
tone:

1 bad boys
2 wail /yelp
3 phaser horn and its alternate
and power call and its alternate.

i now have it set up as

wail/yelp
mech/ piercer
ecto
horn/mech

now to add views to thread (and my youtube account) for your viewing pleasure the ecto 1 tone...

and the mechanical (failed attempt) tone...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and heres mine setup with the whelen speaker ill be using...

yes it was tested with the speaker in the house... I had the speaker facing the mattress on the bed with a pillow over it. (still very loud ) just ignore ol uncle phil...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
crap hit post rply without entering vid LOL

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
why does this thing have a mini usb and a rj45 port on it if it says in the instructions "not used" maybe a hacker can add other tones?

The mini usb is for internal use, probably for programming the tones. The rj45 port is on the Storm Pro's is in preparation for future use. The idea was to allow you to hook the Storm Pro to the 4200 and control it rather than having to wire each input individually. The idea is that it would free up outputs for other uses. It's been in the works since the Storm Pro was first released and is more of a rainy day type project.

daniel_medic

Jun 16, 2015
Afghanistan
Got my Storm Pro 200 and been playing around a bit. I notice that if you have a tone say wail activated on spkr1 and activate another tone on spkr2 then the wail on spkr1 starts over again. same with all the siren tones. I thought it would be consistent and not stop and start when changing tones the opposite speaker channel. So far impressed. But the RJ45 setup to the 4200 would be great. cuts out a lot of wiring. and might open up some more outputs on the 4200. uploading of tones would be great. Would like to program some MP3 or wav format tones. and another idea would be to have a tone generator on the programming software if it ever happens. Making your own tone could be interesting. Just a few thoughts.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Just got my Storm Pro 100W today.
Anxious to actually hear the Ecto tone for myself.
Honestly, it's the only reason I bought it.
I got the 100W version because Im already running a FS Smart Siren so I will be triggering the Ecto tone through my S.S. from another 100W speaker.

PhoenixLightsPSE

Jan 7, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I know I'm reviving a super old thread, but I spoke with Feniex support yesterday (I'm a partner/reseller), and got some semi-detailed info on the Micro USB port's intended purpose.

@buddek09 is correct that it is for internal use. That said, it is not how they load the tones. Tones are loaded using a proprietary cable that connects the internal circuit board of the Storm siren to a computer (using alligator clips at the circuit board). I was not lucky enough to get any further details on the specs of this cable (pinout, etc.) or if the tones are loaded using a CLI or a graphical interface similar to their 4200 programming app that was released for public use.

I was told yesterday that the Micro USB port is specifically used for QA/testing to ensure that the internal switches (triggered by the wire terminals receiving voltage) are doing what they are supposed to.

I have an extra Storm Pro 100W amp connected to my laptop right now via the Micro USB port and it isn't doing anything at all that can be recognized by the laptop, so my gut says it needs a proprietary program to be of much (if any) use.

And FWIW, the Ecto tone is not nearly as loud as the others, but it does still grab attention!

Lastly, to @daniel_medic raising the idea of loading alternate tones, that's why I called Feniex in the first place. I thought it'd be fun to have a velociraptor screeching, or something obscure like that. The support rep I spoke to said the company can and occasionally will replace tones for customers, but only at the factory and with a minimum order quantity of at least 100 units. It's demand driven. Anything we can figure out for ourselves in respect to replacing tones is beyond what Feniex support would help with, and would obviously void the warranty. That said, I know a guy that might have better connections to Feniex than I do. I'll see what he might know.

Just my two cents... hope it was helpful enough to forgive reviving such an old thread.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I know I'm reviving a super old thread, but I spoke with Feniex support yesterday (I'm a partner/reseller), and got some semi-detailed info on the Micro USB port's intended purpose.

@buddek09 is correct that it is for internal use. That said, it is not how they load the tones. Tones are loaded using a proprietary cable that connects the internal circuit board of the Storm siren to a computer (using alligator clips at the circuit board). I was not lucky enough to get any further details on the specs of this cable (pinout, etc.) or if the tones are loaded using a CLI or a graphical interface similar to their 4200 programming app that was released for public use.

I was told yesterday that the Micro USB port is specifically used for QA/testing to ensure that the internal switches (triggered by the wire terminals receiving voltage) are doing what they are supposed to.

I have an extra Storm Pro 100W amp connected to my laptop right now via the Micro USB port and it isn't doing anything at all that can be recognized by the laptop, so my gut says it needs a proprietary program to be of much (if any) use.

And FWIW, the Ecto tone is not nearly as loud as the others, but it does still grab attention!

Lastly, to @daniel_medic raising the idea of loading alternate tones, that's why I called Feniex in the first place. I thought it'd be fun to have a velociraptor screeching, or something obscure like that. The support rep I spoke to said the company can and occasionally will replace tones for customers, but only at the factory and with a minimum order quantity of at least 100 units. It's demand driven. Anything we can figure out for ourselves in respect to replacing tones is beyond what Feniex support would help with, and would obviously void the warranty. That said, I know a guy that might have better connections to Feniex than I do. I'll see what he might know.

Just my two cents... hope it was helpful enough to forgive reviving such an old thread.

Dealing with support is a ton different than talking to an engineer. Support doesn't really have an understanding for what that stuff is used for sometimes. I'd take what you were told with a grain of salt. They are trained in dealing with stuff on the customer end not the actual engineering side. Support and Engineering are completely different.

Reactions: Dave F and Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.