The odd couple

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
So, I try to make it a habit not to post every time I drag another light bar home. It's mostly because I have all the run of the mill stuff- Twinsonics, Aerodynics, SDs, XLs, etc. etc. We have all seen these a million times. But once in awhile, I will come across something that strikes me as a little rare or unusual. Remember this guy? The all clear XL TRIPLE THREAT from Sebring, Ohio that has the double stingers and "Select Alert" feature? Most of the comments I heard were that nobody had really seen that feature on a large bar like that before. I know I hadn't.

Well yesterday I went back to another part of Ohio, and I brought back this guy's big brother. An all clear XL FOUR ALARM with double stingers. And imagine my surprise when I got out there and found out that this big boy has "Select Alert" on it as well- on all 8 rotators! I never would have imagined. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, too many projects going on at once. I will try to post a video though, once I verify that it works. So these bars are basically twins- except one is a "Triple Threat" and the other is a "Four Alarm". I thought that might qualify as odd...

0326161836.jpg 4Alarm1.jpg 4Alarm2.jpg

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Holy crap, Batman! Those things are huge! That all-lighter has got to look like the approach lights to a runway when it's running! :O Nice finds!

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Yes, I am about to call it quits on the 6 footers I think. I have 2 all light Aerodynics, a Whelen Centurion, 3 XL triple threats, 2 XL 4 alarms, and an SD triple threat. I would consider another SD triple threat if I ever encountered one, or an Aerodynic with a speaker in the middle- just because they seem to be so rare.
Too bad they never made an SD four alarm. I wondered why they didn't, but then realized they probably would not have a good way to secure the lenses. I mount them on the walls up near the ceiling, that way they are out of the way and I am not tripping over them.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
my bar which is identical to yours except the stingers are mounted inboard has the same small contact at the base of the rotators. but only controls individual sections of the bar so as to not light up the whole thing. kind of a select alert i guess. would love it if my was select alert as i only have one of those in the collection, but i can turn on just the two very outer rotators with out the inners in the same section lighting up they just rotate until power is applied. energy saving im guessing or on scene where whole bar is not required

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That Four Alarm should come out to approx. 53 amps

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.