The official where to buy wire and wiring accessories thread.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Tessco

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
theroofable said:
Delcity for connectors, tessco for antennas power supplies and other specialty parts.

Man, you guys should be coming to ME for antennas and antenna accessories! lol

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

bkn74

Sep 7, 2010
metropolis IL
Its getting about time to stock up in the shop and the local place I was using has fizzled out. Where is a good all around place to get wiring, connectors, terminals, etc at.

Thanks

Bobby

bkn74

Sep 7, 2010
metropolis IL
I was actually looking at their website earlier. They pretty decent on ship time order filling etc?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

Markymark5411

Jul 1, 2010
Nekoosa, Wisconsin, USA
Not sure if this is the right place to pose this question. My question is for the emergency vehicle upfitter owners/employees. Where are you purchasing your wiring for your vehicle installs? I have been receiving more and more requests to do vehicle installs and at this rate, running to the local hardware and/or automotive store is just not cutting it anymore. I would like to purchase wire in bigger quantities so I'm not always running to the store. Plus buying in bulk may hopefully cut my costs thus being able to cut my install prices. I also find at times that the local stores are not carrying the proper gauge wire I need for some installs. I have searched online but like anything these days, there are so many places to buy from. I'm simply looking for a reputable place to purchase from. Several installers on this site have helped me with other issues I have had. I figure y'all could lead me to some reliable places to purchase wire. Suggestions???

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Last edited by a moderator:

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
(I accidentially posted this in a moderated section, so I apologize for that...)

Where would you all recommend to buy some reels of wire to keep at the house? Me and my friend will be working on POV installs for several of our friends, and we'd like to keep a supply of wire and connectors at the house. Looking for reels of wire, hopefully in various colors (red and black primarily, but mixed amounts of other colors as necessary), plus connectors and fuse blocks. Thanks!

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
We carry wire printed specifically for the emergency vehicle industry and currently have over 380 prints in stock on hand.

Although we don't have everything on our website yet, we have everything you need and can help you with getting the right stuff for this industry. Let me know if you need something that is not listed and I will get you a quote. We carry fuse blocks, holders, standard wire colors, deutch, amp, molex, high temp split loom, etc...

Welcome to WIRED HDH -

Soon, we will offer kit packages that will make you job alot easier... More on that to come at a later date though!

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Thanks for the links everyone. I'll definitely dig into it a bit more. I'd love to get into vehicle installs, both audio & lighting sides, just not enough business in the area to do it..

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
WayTek is the way to go. They have supplies for nearly every kind of DC application you can think of, and even some AC applications. Plus, they ship relatively quickly and are easy to deal with on the customer service end.

mike001

Mar 25, 2013
Providence RI
Wasn't sure where to post this.

I wanted to know where to get good cheap/good quality automotive wiring by the foot(if there is such a combo).

Thanks in advance, Mike

NoCoFire

Aug 26, 2012
New York
mike001 said:
Wasn't sure where to post this.

I wanted to know where to get good cheap/good quality automotive wiring by the foot(if there is such a combo).

Thanks in advance, Mike

Mike,

I don't know if you figured something out but I have used this company for 10 guage fuse holders and they seem to have a nice product. Welding Cable & Welding Leads - Power, Stranded & Magnet Wire | Powerwerx They were fast with shipping and fair with a price but I am not sure what the going rate is for wire and what is and is not a good deal. I do know their zip line Red/Black Zip Cord (red and black molded wiring) is very convenient but not as cheap a building it yourself with some zip ties. I have the good luck of having a father in law who is a retired electrician so he has spools of wire left over from past jobs that are appropriate for my applications (oil and water resistant and stranded) For me my heaviest gauge I run is 10 for my radios and siren power. Everything else is 18+ because of the low amp requirements of the LED lights.

Good Luck!

-NoCoFire

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

ttjustin12

May 1, 2011
Honeoye, NY
Thank you for all the info it is very informative! I will have to check out a couple of these sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamogden

Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
Where can I get a connector for a MPC01 controller, for the power leads? I have the cable, I just need the connector.

Thanks!

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
Anybody know where I can find a fuse panel for my HHS2200? I need one that can fuse both inputs at 40 amp. The biggest one I can find has a max 35amp per channel...

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
firefighter31 said:
Anybody know where I can find a fuse panel for my HHS2200? I need one that can fuse both inputs at 40 amp. The biggest one I can find has a max 35amp per channel...

Are you running all halogen and strobe? I am running the same controller and a number of led heads and fused at 30 amps from one 8 ga feeder. Never had an issue. Been running strong for 3 years

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
Kd8bao said:
Are you running all halogen and strobe? I am running the same controller and a number of led heads and fused at 30 amps from one 8 ga feeder. Never had an issue. Been running strong for 3 years

What Im running:

2X sho me strobes(corner turn signals)

1x whelen avenger

2x axixtech par36

2x axixtech ms3

2x axixtech ms6

4x axixtech tir4

1x E66 strobesnmore dual color

siren:

2xcarson slim speakers.

I hope to add two feniex appolo's once they come out :thumbsup: :)

I'm going to just have to trying fusing them at 30 amp each. The siren is rated at 8 amp per speaker so together should only pull 16a.

Hi !

this post is for all the installers here. Where do you buy your install supplies like wire, breakers etc.

Also do you have a small list of the stuff you buy like breakers, fuse block, connectors ...

And for the installs what is the best connector ? Deutch, quick connect etc...

Thanks a lot !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.