The Perfect LED "old school" bar

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan

By now I am sure you all know how I feel about today's "blob" of LED lighting. I have found what I believe to be the perfect LED bar that has a true old style rotating light pattern with a lower deck of flashers and lighting. It reminds much of the MX7000 flash pattern/bar. It brings back the rotating visual effect.

The footprint of the bar is a bit big for me (even if this light were a 48" or 52" bar). If this was packaged in a MX7000 or similar bar, it would be perfect!!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
The Whelen LED Rota-Beam is a great looking product. But it's really expensive. I still prefer the innovative ways some companies are combining LED lighting with "actual" motion.. not simulated rotation. ECCO, Federal Signal, Intav.. all have some cool LED-motion lights.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I've got a custom Whelen Delta up for sale at a much more reasonable price if anyone is interested.

I too love the dual level bar and the options here are limited by your imagination.

PM me with interest on the Delta.

Thanks
Seth

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm honestly not that impressed with the rotabeams during the daytime. I'm not saying that they're not bright, but the slow pattern that everyone down here seems to use just doesn't do it for me (of all the LED diodes that they have, it always seems like only a very small amount of diodes are actually illuminated at any given time). The pattern in the sirennet video looks better than the ones I've seen in person, but it's still a pricey product.

If I were gonna add them into my dept's apparatus lighting specs, I'd honestly probably just put 1 or 2 in a freedom and keep the rest of the Inboards and the corners with traditional flashing lightheads. Just like the powerarcs, I like their effects
and combining different types of flash patterns and technologies, but (even with an unlimited budget) i would never spec a vehicle with rotabeams or powerarcs as my primary warning, because I personally find solid flash patterns more effective

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I like it, although if it were on a police car it would look better with red on one side and blue on the other.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like it, although if it were on a police car it would look better with red on one side and blue on the other.

That would cut down on the amount of purple perceived.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Its beautiful I wish my patrol car had something like that...

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Completely agree that this is amazing technology and I'm traditionally a FedSig guy. That said, they the rota-beams look best in a full sized bar, not as secondary or as grilles lights. DC fire is running mini-freedoms with rotabeams and they look great. All of the other lights are traditional LEDs. On the newer ambulances they have rotabeams incorporated in the grille and it's just not as effective in my opinion.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.