The Sirennet Museum

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The answer to many questions about what they've all got in the background of their product videos and tech discussions. Enjoy!

Reactions: Tony P

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Does anyone know if there is any type of museum around related to emergency lights, sirens and vehicles. I always thought it would be neat to be able to go somewhere an see various lights, sirens and vehicles up close and personal. They could have factory made products, custom one of a kind items, manufacturer literature and advertisements, a restoration area, historical / movie & TV emergency vehicles on display. TV / Movie props related to emergency warning devices. Videos showing the emergency vehicles in action from movies and TV. The place could be run by various hobbyists that are knowledgeable in various aspects of emergency warning device history. The inventory could change periodically with private collectors bringing some of their items in for display. Maybe it's just a pipe dream. This website seems to be the next best thing since it covers much of what I mentioned.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I think you hit it on the head. This site id like a museum. It's great when vintage collectors post updated pictures of their collections, and post pics of new items that have been added to their collections. John and others have done a great job with the vintage literature and catalogs section.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng
I think you hit it on the head. This site id like a museum. It's great when vintage collectors post updated pictures of their collections, and post pics of new items that have been added to their collections. John and others have done a great job with the vintage literature and catalogs section.
Agreed! Especially on the literature and catalogs! With technology advancements, it won't be long before we can have a virtual museum with 360 views and we can all "loan" our collection pieces.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
I have been bugging a friend at whelen if they ever do another bldg to get some museum space. The option i have been looking into are some of the museums around here doing rolling displays

Reactions: JazzDad

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
In Canada there is the Southwestern Ontario Ambulance/Emergency Medical Services Museum in Essex County, Ontario. They have a huge collection of emergency lights and mechanical sirens. They have a few old electronic sirens too.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Does anyone know if there is any type of museum around related to emergency lights, sirens and vehicles. I always thought it would be neat to be able to go somewhere an see various lights, sirens and vehicles up close and personal. They could have factory made products, custom one of a kind items, manufacturer literature and advertisements, a restoration area, historical / movie & TV emergency vehicles on display. TV / Movie props related to emergency warning devices. Videos showing the emergency vehicles in action from movies and TV. The place could be run by various hobbyists that are knowledgeable in various aspects of emergency warning device history. The inventory could change periodically with private collectors bringing some of their items in for display. Maybe it's just a pipe dream. This website seems to be the next best thing since it covers much of what I mentioned.

You may appreciate the Northern Illinois Fire Museum. http://nifm.net/

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Here's MY 2 cents worth...

Let's have a giant show and swat meet for ALL of us to bring our stuff, display, swap, sell and make it an annual or semi-annual thing. pick a spot mid country somewhere and make a weekend out of it!

Who's up for the challenge of organizing THAT one?

Count me in for a few spaces in the swap meet!

Oh, and a few beers afterward...:)

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.