The Trail-Brite 7-07 Unboxing

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Wasn't this listed by most of its rebadged sellers as an "1166?"

I can vouch for the Tuff-Bilt and Dietz as 7-07 and of course the Trail Brite. Yankee and Star was/is the 1166, but I wonder if they are the same light.

Last edited:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I have a NIB Yankee 1166R, it is the exact same beacon as my Dietz 7-07 and Tuff-Bilt 7-07.

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
That means it exits 2 sizes of domes for the 1166.
I know only one size for these:
Yankee 1166
SVP 1166
Sireno 44630 (maybe later version ?)
KD Lamp 875
Dominion Auto
Signal Stat 381 (dome #367)
Sho-me/ Able2 01.0169

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Probably means Yankee was manufactured by two different companies. I would imagine that all of these other brands were actually made by Signal Stat?

Reactions: stansdds

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
years ago, my best friend was driving along one night, and I was following him on the way to a training class when we were toned out for a call. He had a brand new teardrop light very similar to this, and out the window it went onto the roof of his truck. Off we go. The light didn't stay there long, it flew off the roof, hit the pavement, and he grabbed the cord and yanked it back inside. It never stopped working. Now it's laying in the floor flashing like hell, all i can see is his silhouette as he is swerving around trying to get control of this light. He's now down to about 10 mph as he finally figures out the best thing to do is unplug the thing. Now he floors it again, keys up the radio and says "Hmmm. Too Many G-Forces I guess"

I was laughing my ass off.

• Haha
Reactions: Skulldigger

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Like many companies, Yankee used a numbr of rebadged beacon lights, including North American, Smith & Wesson, Dietz, and China made lights. I believe the first Yankee manufactured beacon light was the Model 342, pictured below.s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.