The Worst Response Video Thread

A thread to share videos of the worst Emerency responses from around the world.

Examples of bad driving, dangerous decisions, poor equipment, terrible vehicles or just down right bad responses are welcome here.

1 video per post please, and the video can be from any country or service.

Kicking things off, how to use bullhorn...badly

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
That ambulance wreck was cleary the crews fault. You can see in the video the red light was against them. They should have slowed down and protected the intersection better. In the video they say the other driver was sited for not yeilding. If i was that other driver i would have fought that sitation. OBVIOUSLY the officer/rider was paying attention, the driver on the otherhand was not.......

V

Volunteer

I really hope this thread takes off, I really love these videos.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
theroofable said:

This one just pisses me off in the sense that the engine driver put his guys at risk to prove some sort of point.

I would be one pissed off individual when we got back to station and the doors went down.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
SomeBloke said:
Just....wow

I wonder if the same guy drives this particular car all the time. Did you notice all the gouges on the sides? Maybe they came from pedestrians beating on the car as he almost ran them down.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
^ This one had been discussed extensively here on the forum some time ago.

Nov 29, 2011
UK

sympathy from the crowd as per normal but have to say it smacks of press-on-itis, I can probably imagine what the drivers face looks like when he tries to sneak it back into the station with the inside looking like a swimming pool without anyone noticing.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
SomeBloke said:
A thread to share videos of the worst Emerency responses from around the world.

Examples of bad driving, dangerous decisions, poor equipment, terrible vehicles or just down right bad responses are welcome here.

1 video per post please, and the video can be from any country or service.

Kicking things off, how to use bullhorn...badly

I would think he woulda got better results if he wasnt right up on that bus's @%*, driver probably had no idea where he was

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
MJDNRP-6885 said:
REACT
in route, Code3, to a parade traffic directing detail.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

:popcorn:

thats the best yet !!

:rotfl: :crackup: :dielaugh:

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
acala91 said:

Agreed: there´s a good example. Unfortunately, they´re getting more and more common (most new red/blue lightbars will give this effect on about half the patterns, especially when not using lowlight-dimming). If that street had not been lit up, drivers would have had a hard time seeing people in or near that road, even in reflective gear....

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Yep, I hate those Javelin lightbars. It was a good idea that was very poorly executed. I suppose the good thing is that there is only a few cars with that bar in my city. The bad thing is that all the officers that are issued those cars just flip the controller to position 3 and end up with that purple blob. I recently did a ride along with an officer that has a car with the Javelin on it and found that the other slide switch positions have the bar flash either primarily red with some blue, or primarily blue with some red. I tried to educate the officer on why having it all going sucks and is dangerous, and to use those other modes during day and night respectively but I think it fell on deaf ears.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
For the Orange County FL video:

The only somewhat justification I can see for this is Officer Down/Needs Help; Active Shooting; or maybe something like armed robbery or child abduction in progress.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.