The Worst Response Video Thread

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
That's a lot of cars to be chasing one stolen police car. The stolen vehicle must have also had a box of Krispy Kremes in the trunk.

DARE.jpg

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
acala91 said:
Again, what's wrong with that response? Typical for NYC, the only thing I didn't like was the crazy Taxi driver that cut them off which isn't unusual. Also agree, I hate Carson sirens, one of our Engines in my old department has one, I especially hate the Manual.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
lafd55 said:
Again, what's wrong with that response? Typical for NYC, the only thing I didn't like was the crazy Taxi driver that cut them off which isn't unusual. Also agree, I hate Carson sirens, one of our Engines in my old department has one, I especially hate the Manual.

They didn't properly clear the intersection and almost got t-boned by that taxi.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Not really a "bad" response, but what is this?

Its in NYC so it has to be federal running blue, right?

What federal agency has the budget for that many lights!?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
ctmcdonell said:

Looks like an older video, believe it's NYPD probably a Chief, but if it's not a chief the Hatzolah.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
acala91 said:
They didn't properly clear the intersection and almost got t-boned by that taxi.
They definitely slowed down enough to clear the inersection, they can't help the fact that NYC Taxi Drivers are crazy... Why don't you drive around NYC for a couple days and see how it is.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
lafd55 said:
They definitely slowed down enough to clear the inersection, they can't help the fact that NYC Taxi Drivers are crazy... Why don't you drive around NYC for a couple days and see how it is.

If they slowed down enough to clear the intersection they wouldn't have almost been hit. You never proceed through an intersection unless you can see that all other cars have stopped. You should never just assume that people are stopping because your lights and sirens are on, that's how people get hurt.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
You sure that wasn't Station 3 down in the Valley?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Push bumpers were supposedly created for helping disabled cars out of the flow of traffic.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
ctmcdonell said:

This vid has been around for a few years now... I think it said somewhere it was Hatzolah confirmed. Don't think these guys bother too much with color codes...

MAPMFF86

Jul 1, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Strobe Craft said:
Got air? (Watch whole video)
All I got to say is wow...Where to start..

Damnn. The second bump looked like it almost caused a little loss of control, appears as though he/she corrects a little bit towards the other side of the street before continuing strait. I've on occasion hit a unexpected bump or two with the ambulance that jars ya pretty good, but certainly have never gone flying...that said I'd say its easier to do with a cruiser.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
One of our local departments just switched from Deltas to Code3. It was a sad day. Also appears another department might be switching to Whelen because I have seen them in a couple of the new cars, but hope they don't.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Rofocowboy84 said:
Second guy did it the right way. If you're planning on blasting through an intersection, keep the siren on, don't just whoop it a few times...
I just watched that again and noticed the second car almost lost control once he was through, the car landed off center.

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
Why Does it Sound Like The siren is playing through the Car Stereo... Not quite sure how i feel aboput this one.... :hopeless: :bonk:

Just when i thought it couldnt get worse...On the passanger side, that is a Flashing I-Pad. Must be an app or something.. .oh lordddd :popcorn: :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Alboy29 said:
Why Does it Sound Like The siren is playing through the Car Stereo... Not quite sure how i feel aboput this one.... :hopeless: :bonk:

Chevy Aveo have built in sirens, did you know? :rolleyes: I think you are right about this one,in his other videos he sounds like a pre-teen.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Gotta give him credit - the OEM flashers were in sync. :bonk:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
randys14 said:
Not really a bad response, but I bet the flashback on that rear viper(??) is terrible lmao :haha:

Didn't you hear? Thats NYPD's new "custom random omnidirectional movement" Dual Viper from Federal Signal. :dielaugh:

Reactions: Colanomore

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
It's an old vid.... For the last couple years French unmarked gov and special service cars have slightly improved their gear... ;)

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asg5Pg-umqg

Skip to :32

While the person shouldn't be in the street to begin with, there is no need for rounding a corner that fast.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
I may have posted this on the site a while ago, but I may as well post it again. I took this video while riding Ofc. seat in my school company's Rescue. There are certain people that I never liked riding with, because I didn't feel they drove safely. While the driving itself in this video wasn't as bad as it's been, it's a perfect example of tunnel vision. This particular member always gets like this, completely forgetting that he's just laying on the Q and horns. All I was controlling was the Code 3 electronic, changing it up in hopes it would cancel out the ineffectiveness of the constant tone from the other two. At about 7:50, you can hear the guy in the back yell something sarcastic to me about the Q, as he thought I was the one controlling it. Unfortunately, nothing ever happened when we brought up the driving habits of some of the younger members, because they were all the ones who'd been there since they were babies because their grandfathers and fathers were members...

http://youtu.be/PRkZna9PT80
I had a guy do me that way - one time.  When we got back, I cut the wires to the siren and horn pedals on the drivers side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.