The X10DR Wireless Microphone Extender???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Anyone heard of or used this, reviews possibly. My Chief saw a Deputy in my county using something similar, but we are not sure of what exactly they are testing at this time and he wants more info and pricing. I can not find any info other than what Google brings up. No pricing on any site... I did email the US seller and am waiting to hear back from them. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

From the website:

"The X10DR® ("Extender") is revolutionary patented secure wireless microphone that liberates the way you communicate with your two way mobile radio. Finally, you can cut the cord from the vehicle mobile radio and stay in communication up to hundreds of meters from the vehicle. The X10DR® takes the power, range and stability of a mobile radio, right into the palm of your hand or sitting comfortably on your shoulder. The X10DR® enables team members to communicate back to base and amongst other team members onsite, via the vehicle mounted mobile radio. The X10DR® is durable, lightweight, affordable and intuitive to use. Finally, mobile radio users can stay in communication out of the vehicle with ease, comfort and security."

X10DR - Secure Wireless Microphone for Mobile Vehicle Two Way Radio - Secure Wireless Microphone for Mobile Vehicle Two Way Radio

The PDF http://www.wirelesscorpltd.com/images/wirelesscorp/X10DR/X10DR-MissionCritical.pdf

X10DR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
If I was back in the inner city, where I don't believe I was ever more than 100 yards from my cruiser, this would be a neat idea. I'd be curious to see how it would work inside a high rise building if the cruiser was parked in the underground garage.

Having said that, my job now entails a lot of "park and hike" where I'm up to a mile or two away from the car. I'm therefore gonna continue wishing FreeLinc would get their heads out of their asses and make an adaptor for my APX like they said they'd have in production 6 months ago....

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
We are a dealer for them... I have demo unit but haven't set it up yet. been too busy

We have a number of ambulance companies we were going to try and sell them too as they all complain about their portable coverage when in ER's or on Scene in a building

I will work putting a review together and if you need some pricing PM ME

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Reliable Radios said:
We are a dealer for them... I have demo unit but haven't set it up yet. been too busy

We have a number of ambulance companies we were going to try and sell them too as they all complain about their portable coverage when in ER's or on Scene in a building

I will work putting a review together and if you need some pricing PM ME

Thanks, I am in the process of becoming a dealer. I really like the idea of them. I am going to order a demo this week. I will also post my opinion of them as well.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I think this is a great idea. But I would still carry a portable radio for those times when it didn't work. CHP's extenders operate in basically the same way and they often have problems reaching officers who go too far from their cars. If this was in the same price neighborhood as Freelinc (but worked better), I could see some units being sold.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
RolnCode3 said:
If this was in the same price neighborhood as Freelinc (but worked better), I could see some units being sold.

Aside from Freelinc not producing the adaptor for our new portables yet, I have had ZERO issues with mine (Freemic 200). Audio on Rx/Tx is crystal clear, mic stays charged for a week at a time, etc. What issues have you had?

And back on topic, does this unit work with 2 heads if you have a two person car, or would that require two complete systems? Can the microphone portions be switched between vehicles, or are they base-specific?

SteveZ97

Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Won't one still need a portable to receive transmissions?

MEVS06 said:
Anyone heard of or used this, reviews possibly. My Chief saw a Deputy in my county using something similar, but we are not sure of what exactly they are testing at this time and he wants more info and pricing. I can not find any info other than what Google brings up. No pricing on any site... I did email the US seller and am waiting to hear back from them. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

From the website:

"The X10DR® ("Extender") is revolutionary patented secure wireless microphone that liberates the way you communicate with your two way mobile radio. Finally, you can cut the cord from the vehicle mobile radio and stay in communication up to hundreds of meters from the vehicle. The X10DR® takes the power, range and stability of a mobile radio, right into the palm of your hand or sitting comfortably on your shoulder. The X10DR® enables team members to communicate back to base and amongst other team members onsite, via the vehicle mounted mobile radio. The X10DR® is durable, lightweight, affordable and intuitive to use. Finally, mobile radio users can stay in communication out of the vehicle with ease, comfort and security."

X10DR - Secure Wireless Microphone for Mobile Vehicle Two Way Radio - Secure Wireless Microphone for Mobile Vehicle Two Way Radio

The PDF http://www.wirelesscorpltd.com/images/wirelesscorp/X10DR/X10DR-MissionCritical.pdf

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
The following is only my opinion

I would not consider this device a replacement for a portable radio. I am a big believer in using the right tool for the right job.

This device is ideal for ambulance companies, taxi companies, utility companies, basically any user that needs to have radio communication outside of their vehicle in a limited range and that do not have a system that will support portable radios.

Most police and Fire departments at least in my area build out there repeater systems to be capable of supporting portable radio coverage.

I do not recommend this unit for police or fire based on its limited range basically you do not want to be fighting a fire and halfway into a building you lose your coverage nor would you want to be on a MV stop and get in to a foot pursuit and lose comms with your backup.

This unit is a good idea and that why we are a dealer. I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying it, all I am saying is make sure it’s the right fit for your needs.

Also in response to the partner question you can have up to 3 microphones off of 1 base unit.

Additionally another question was PMed to me. Yes you can still use the wired microphone with this unit. This unit is wired to the accessory port of the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So its been 7 months and my demo unit is still inoperable. Before the order I was reassured by my sales rep that it would "work flawlessly" with the Kenwood TK5720.... that was untrue. The mic received but would not transmit, swapped the pins around per the VP of Engineering for Safe Mobile the master importers of said product. Now they don't have any clue as to what is going on with the X10DR since it no longer receives, nothing has been changed on the radio. Tech support is non existent with this company.

badbrad

Jan 29, 2011
canada, saskatchewan
We have been using a couple in Saskatchewan for commercial vehicle enforcement, our new multi million repeater system used by fire police and all state/provincial agencies does not transmit beside a large vehicle, like a tractor trailer or maybe like a fire truck? RCMP police have 1000 dollar repeater in every vehicle. Guys who have used these in our flat lands like them. They work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.