Thinest Led lights

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Ant one know what type of light would be extremely thin. I'm looking for some side lighting, but I don't want it to stock out tremendously. thanks

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
If you are looking for thin "depth" - nothing comes close to the Tomar RECT13 RECT 14's...

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
SWS has some Lightheads that are 1/4" thick, but its just an LED panel, 50 if im not mistaken

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
We need more info here buddy...

Thin as in depth? Height? Mounting location? Inside or out? surface mount? ect...

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
unlisted said:
If you are looking for thin "depth" - nothing comes close to the Tomar RECT13 RECT 14's...

+1 and great lights.

Or Star makes some ridiculously thin lights called the DLXT Thinline or something like that.

Signal Vehicle Products (SVP) has the thinnest LED lighthead I have ever seen. I have 4 of them installed in my grille and they are SUPER thin and VERY BRIGHT. Mine are in RED. They are about 1/2 as then as the Tomar Rec 13 and have a much bigger footprint than the Rec13/14's. The lightheads I have are about 2 inches by 4 inches and about 1/2 of an inch thick at the very most. VERY thin! The model is DLXT "Thinline" Series. The ones that I have to not have the bezel as shown on the website. They offer "L" brackets also or they can be surface mounted easily. Self contained with 11 flash patterns.

http://www.star1889.com/products/signal ... Lights.asp

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
SVP is get 1 not bright. I would only put Gen3 LED's if you want to be seen. Tomar Rect14's are very thin. I have many happy costumers who mount them on pov's for intersection warning surface mount.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I hate to play devil's advocate here...but why are you so concerned with using the smallest light you can find? If you're legitimately concerned about visibility and the lighthead standing out against the background you'll want something with some surface area to it.

Not trying to dash your hopes and dreams, just trying to give you something to think about.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.