This gonna be fun (2020 F150) updated with specs and ideas

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Soooo the director of animal control here for elmira posts this on my timeline with the captions.......needs upfitting any ideas??

Soooo im gonna go up tomorrow and see what he would like to add to it, and then go from there.

Its a 2020 ford F150 SSV 4x4. I have some ideas, but want to hear what you guys think i should do :)

Heres the picture he sent me, i’ll grab more tomorrow

DC2FC04C-6D14-4733-AAE5-A4C6A9874DF3.jpeg

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I suggest waiting on the 2021's I hear they are putting the coyote 5.0 in them as standard equipment eliminating the underpowered problematic 4.6!!!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
looks like the truck Is bought and lettered Lines..
I’ve seen the hood clipped ford factory lights and they look good. Especially for a light duty/use such as animal control. Either cab mounted or pole mount from bed, but certainly think the L31 is really good bang for the buck

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I know he was liking my rx2700 bar i showed him.

Others have suggested:
Nforce ILB, intersectors, hlf/tlf and blinkies for rear window
Freedom bar and grill lights

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
By the looks I'd guess its gonna be a city not rural use truck. I'd say LED beacon or mini bar (responder or highlighter or Feniex). I assume only allowed amber....
If it sees 50/50 urban/rural add an adjustable spot or full bar with td/alley/works.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I mean, I get that lights show who's who in the world, but it's animal control. There should never be a circumstance in which this vehicle is a traffic hazard. Put a couple ions or mpower modules in the back window wired with the emergency flashers and call it more than adequate.

I suggest waiting on the 2021's I hear they are putting the coyote 5.0 in them as standard equipment eliminating the underpowered problematic 4.6!!!
Huh? The 4.6 hasn't been available in like a decade. The Coyote has been since like 2011. And the 5.0 will not be standard, it'll be a cost upgrade as usual, a V6 being standard.

Reactions: Krsdog25
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
By the looks I'd guess its gonna be a city not rural use truck. I'd say LED beacon or mini bar (responder or highlighter or Feniex). I assume only allowed amber....
If it sees 50/50 urban/rural add an adjustable spot or full bar with td/alley/works.

I know they serve city of elmira, town of elmira, erin/breesport, village and town of horseheads, millport.

Basically anywhere in chemung county this agency serves, some of it is rural or suburban.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
[QUOTE="John Smith,

Huh? The 4.6 hasn't been available in like a decade. The Coyote has been since like 2011. And the 5.0 will not be standard, it'll be a cost upgrade as usual, a V6 being standard.
[/QUOTE]
Well then I got some bad info from a Ford person and that doesn't make me happy,.. as I understood it the new coyote was being introduced to the f series line up this coming model year after most of the bugs had been worked out from the mustang.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
No idea on budget but here is what i was thinking........might be overkill lol

Whelen liberty on roof
Hlf/tlf
Whelen vertex in r/b split in reverse lights or strobe hideaways
Whelen dominator 800 in back window
Grill guard with whelen ions or something
Intersectors under side mirrors

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Well heres what he has so far and showed me

2 sets of led hideaways
So far 3 fedsig impaxx leds (r/b)
2 ions in r/b
2 intersectors in clear
A fedsig pa 640 (hes not totally sure yet though on that)

He also wants to get a havis console, siren/light controller, and a setina push bar for it.

It currently has 2 viper S2s (rr and rc) and another fedsig dashlight so far in back window (cant remember the model though).

Dumbnuts me forgot the pics i was gonna put, but next im there i will get pics :)

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Craig told me why.......but im having a brain fart.

I know he said they can assist with traffic if the other city units are tied up and his team happen to come up on a serious accidents.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Still something that's better served with amber.

I mean, it's cool if they want to. It just opens the door for ambushes, abuse of authority/impersonation, and liability with no benefit.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Yes but not our problem, but it is for the city and their liability until they can find a better place to put them.... But we digress the issue here is the lovely pickup truck and what to put on it. Hey at least it's not the roadkill truck!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
My town’s ACO is thru the PD. HaS the same “police” plates as a cruiser. Also color warning and armed. Pretty standard in these parts.

seems to me this example will be well lit and I will enjoy watching it’s progress unfold.
good luck with your install...
keep up posted

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I asked him if he would like a lightbar or visor bar, and he said he would be happy with either one.

Hes found some visor lights for good prices, but hasn’t committed to getting one. I also told him to get a back rack but its undecided as of right now whats going in the actual truck bed, i said get a contractor style toolbox and then put leds on sides and front facing traffic

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Just throw a lightbar on the roof (simple and good 360 coverage) and call it a day, plus I think an ILB looks silly on a marked unit & interior warning packages don’t offer the coverage that an exterior bar does.

It’s not going to be doing traffic control, so I dont think you need additional rear warning (ie LAWs or a lightstick to the rear). Even if it does respond code 3, I don’t think an animal control unit needs a push bumper

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
This will be fun. what color lights? amber?

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Is it going to get the Critter Container in the bed or just run like that?

Its actually going to be used to haul a small horse trailer i believe, not sure of what else its use is gonna be
This will be fun. what color lights? amber?

Its actually gonna be getting lit up with a red bar on roof with red/blue in rear of bar, as well as sound off intersectors, red/blue impaxx, led hideaways, sound off ghosts and whatever else he can think of.

He said he would be happy with either a full bar or visor bar, but the only lighting it has are 2 fedsig viper S2s til he gets it lit up better

Reactions: RL1

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Eight head Liberty II(DUO if it's in their budget), smoked microns on the front bumper to the side, headlight flasher, intersectors on mirrors, hideaways in taillights, ghosts in upper rear window. No split fail.

fbueller

Sep 17, 2012
Glasgow Va
Bar on top, no reason to hide it. Front end protection for off road use and back rack for hauling odd crap and scene lighting. Being from a rural area there are plenty of things I want an ACO or Warden running code for. Bears, moose and large cats to name a few. Ever seen a spooked horse on the loose? its not all pussy cats in a tree ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.