This is going to be fun

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I may have a red dome or 2 still leftover if your looking.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Those were effective lightbars, but with the penalty of a high amperage draw. Other than the broken lens, yours appears to be in very good condition. If you check the motors closely, you may still be able to read a date, this date would be within a month or two of the actual manufacturing date for your PSE Code 3 SD bar.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Those were effective lightbars, but with the penalty of a high amperage draw. Other than the broken lens, yours appears to be in very good condition. If you check the motors closely, you may still be able to read a date, this date would be within a month or two of the actual manufacturing date for your PSE Code 3 SD bar.
Whats ironic is only 3 bulbs were the GE7400, the rest were 4464,4416 and a 4411. The ironic part is i have an nypd aerodynic that needed bulbs, so the 4416s and temporarily the 4464 is now in my aerodynic.

now to find the remaining 7400 bulbs (crying yay lol)

Reactions: stansdds and Dave F

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Whats ironic is only 3 bulbs were the GE7400, the rest were 4464,4416 and a 4411. The ironic part is i have an nypd aerodynic that needed bulbs, so the 4416s and temporarily the 4464 is now in my aerodynic.

now to find the remaining 7400 bulbs (crying yay lol)
You may spend as much on replacement bulbs as you did for the entire bar.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
thats what im afraid of.......but even if i find used bulbs i’d be okay with it, all its gonna do is sit on a shelf anyways
You can knock off 3 amps by simply using 4416 bulbs (30 watts) as opposed to 7400 bulbs (35 watts). 4416's are still commonly available.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Where I live, that used to be the standard ambulance light bar colour combination. Red on the driver's side and clear on the passenger's side.

Reactions: EHFD_Tower_751

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Here in Virginia, when clear was first approved for Fire and EMS vehicles, Twinsonics would be set up with a clear lens on the driver's side, one clear and one red bulb, red lens on the passenger side. All-light PSE Force4 XL and LP's usually had red outer lenses and clear center section.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Here in Virginia, when clear was first approved for Fire and EMS vehicles, Twinsonics would be set up with a clear lens on the driver's side, one clear and one red bulb, red lens on the passenger side. All-light PSE Force4 XL and LP's usually had red outer lenses and clear center section.
Ironically on the ear side it was setup up as red/clear (red clear on one rotator and then the same on the other rotator)

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Where I live, that used to be the standard ambulance light bar colour combination. Red on the driver's side and clear on the passenger's side.
Interesting.......elmira fd had a pumper with the force 4 version of bar with red on drivers side and the clear on captain side

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.