This Years Fire Show Finds

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Vintage bars and beacons have become scarce at the fire show lately, especially for the prices we were accustomed to paying. I think I did pretty well though and got some great prices.

Pics below show it. Got a NIB amber XL 5000 mini for $40 and a Red sealed beam XL mini for $20. The full sized XL was $40 and is almost NOS inside as is the red mini. Got a 1971 Dietz 7-40 with brass tag and a drive-side Model 11 for $10 each. A Trippe flasher beacon for trade and the a pretty nice small diameter Model 17 for $150. Last I got a whole bin of Streethawk and misc parts for $25. Don't even know for sure what else is in the bottom of the bin yet.

IMG_20150421_195819.jpg

IMG_20150421_195242.jpg

IMG_20150421_195309.jpg

IMG_20150421_195259.jpg

IMG_20150421_195252.jpg

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
My gosh!! LUCKY dog!!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nice haul and good prices.  As for the scarcity of beacons and lightbars, look at the bright side.  As vintage collectors and vehicle restorers snatch up the supply of older warning devices, the more valuable they will become and what our wives call junk will become a small fortune.

Reactions: Pete L.
Jun 18, 2013
PA
If this is the spring melt 

the pickings were not so slim when I went.. but I got in early.   I saw more of the things I went after like Aeros and other parts.

The guy you bought the parts bin from had a blue Aerotwin and I got the Green Highlighter dome from him.

There were a couple of code 3 XLs nears the front that were in mint shape,  they had blackouts on the back and I didn't have room.

Reactions: AJ3814

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
HAHAHA!!! "Didn't have room".... Love it. That would have been one of the "phone a friend" lifelines. .... "Pizza and beer on me. Just get here and help me get some stuff back to the house... NOW."

Reactions: tsquale
May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
If this is the spring melt

the pickings were not so slim when I went.. but I got in early. I saw more of the things I went after like Aeros and other parts.

The guy you bought the parts bin from had a blue Aerotwin and I got the Green Highlighter dome from him.

There were a couple of code 3 XLs nears the front that were in mint shape, they had blackouts on the back and I didn't have room.
I looked at the Aerotwin. Just not in the market for a resto right now, it needed some work. I hauled home both the XL bars for someone, they were pretty nice!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.