Thoughts on install?

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
Looking for opinions vehicle is a 2018 Ford Police Interceptor utility. I am thinking 2 grill lights under the bottom between the grill and and bumper also hideaway leds in the front bottom bumper corners for intersection warning also possibly a set of grill lights with smoked lenses for the interior front either a strobes n more triple threat or whelen avenger duo in front of the rear view mirror possibly a second avenger or strobes n more triple threat on the dasy if I don’t go with grill lights for mid level warning. Either Hideaway lights or v series ions under mirrors and for back windows I am going with a ion or strobes n more grill style light in the back windows and a strobes n more dual,light stick in the rear window and something on the license plate. I am trying to be as discreet as possible the vehicle does not have a spot light and is used for Fire/Ems response as a pov.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looking for opinions vehicle is a 2018 Ford Police Interceptor utility. I am thinking 2 grill lights under the bottom between the grill and and bumper also hideaway leds in the front bottom bumper corners for intersection warning also possibly a set of grill lights with smoked lenses for the interior front either a strobes n more triple threat or whelen avenger duo in front of the rear view mirror possibly a second avenger or strobes n more triple threat on the dasy if I don’t go with grill lights for mid level warning. Either Hideaway lights or v series ions under mirrors and for back windows I am going with a ion or strobes n more grill style light in the back windows and a strobes n more dual,light stick in the rear window and something on the license plate. I am trying to be as discreet as possible the vehicle does not have a spot light and is used for Fire/Ems response as a pov.

For the grill I would go with Mpower stud mounts in the ford grill pop out/cutout. I’m not a fan of having lights between the grill and bumper cuz I think they’re not particularly effective down low. Microns are an option too, but I like that mpowers have off-axis warning that microns lack.

For the hideaways in the front bumper, do you have fog light housing or just the black plastic panel? If you have the fog housing, then I’d go with Feniex cannons or Hella heroes in there. If you have the black panel, then I’d surface Mount Mpower fascias (or T ions if you wanna do Whelen) there. However, since you said it’s a PIU, I think that having intersection warning in the headlight cutouts is something to consider since it’s a good mid level location (instead of just lower fog light location)

I like the idea of a dual avenger behind the RVM (since you didn’t express interest in an ILB), but I wouldn’t go with another dual avenger on the dash cuz they’ll pretty much be on top of each other and your dash windshield will be a cluttered mess. Instead, I think that some Mpower fascias (or universal mount ions, but only if you’re going dual color & will thus have linear optics) on hood clips would be a good middle-level option for you.

I wouldn’t mount hideaways on the mirrors; I hate surface mount LAWs. I like the V-series, but I think they’re so overpriced for what their output is. I love Whelen, but I think your best mirror options are Mpower fascias with wedges on the mirror, or intersectors below the mirrors. I don’t think the v series ions or linsv2’s come anywhere close to the coverage of intersectors for a mirror light

I like your ideas for rear window and side windows.

For read LP, I think Mpower fascias are a good option. Again, while I’m a huge Whelen fan, I think the mpowers beat the brightness and off-axis of the ions/t ions, they’re a little smaller for your low pro goal, and I like the ruggedness of the silicone.

I’d also consider Feniex cannons or hella heroes in the reverse light

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
For the grill I would go with Mpower stud mounts in the ford grill pop out/cutout. I’m not a fan of having lights between the grill and bumper cuz I think they’re not particularly effective down low. Microns are an option too, but I like that mpowers have off-axis warning that microns lack.

For the hideaways in the front bumper, do you have fog light housing or just the black plastic panel? If you have the fog housing, then I’d go with Feniex cannons or Hella heroes in there. If you have the black panel, then I’d surface Mount Mpower fascias (or T ions if you wanna do Whelen) there. However, since you said it’s a PIU, I think that having intersection warning in the headlight cutouts is something to consider since it’s a good mid level location (instead of just lower fog light location)

I like the idea of a dual avenger behind the RVM (since you didn’t express interest in an ILB), but I wouldn’t go with another dual avenger on the dash cuz they’ll pretty much be on top of each other and your dash windshield will be a cluttered mess. Instead, I think that some Mpower fascias (or universal mount ions, but only if you’re going dual color & will thus have linear optics) on hood clips would be a good middle-level option for you.

I wouldn’t mount hideaways on the mirrors; I hate surface mount LAWs. I like the V-series, but I think they’re so overpriced for what their output is. I love Whelen, but I think your best mirror options are Mpower fascias with wedges on the mirror, or intersectors below the mirrors. I don’t think the v series ions or linsv2’s come anywhere close to the coverage of intersectors for a mirror light

For read LP, I think Mpower fascias are a good option. Again, while I’m a huge Whelen fan, I think the mpowers beat the brightness and off-axis of the ions/t ions, they’re a little smaller for your low pro goal, and I like the ruggedness of the silicone.

Appericate the suggestions I am most likely going all sound off anyway I am not against a full interior bar just hate them above my head and I want something discrete so maybe a passenger only interior bar. I don’t have the factory fog lights so the headlight lights wouldn’t be a bad idea. I am assuming it has the factory cutouts I haven’t looked yet to be honest.

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa

Definitely sound off for the siren and a separate power call siren since sound off doesn’t offer a Powercall tone well not to my knowledge.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Appericate the suggestions I am most likely going all sound off anyway I am not against a full interior bar just hate them above my head and I want something discrete so maybe a passenger only interior bar. I don’t have the factory fog lights so the headlight lights wouldn’t be a bad idea. I am assuming it has the factory cutouts I haven’t looked yet to be honest.
I don’t blame you. I’m tall so I don’t like ILBs personally. When I was a vollie years ago, I had a dual talon centered on my dash and a single talon on the passenger side of the RVM for a 3rd tier of warning without being in front of my eye line on the driver side of the headliner. I loved the setup.

Definitely sound off for the siren and a separate power call siren since sound off doesn’t offer a Powercall tone well not to my knowledge.
No longer necessary! SOS’ new FM100 siren has a Powercall

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
I don’t blame you. I’m tall so I don’t like ILBs personally. When I was a vollie years ago, I had a dual talon centered on my dash and a single talon on the passenger side of the RVM for a 3rd tier of warning without being in front of my eye line on the driver side of the headliner. I loved the setup.

No longer necessary! SOS’ new FM100 siren has a Powercall
Hmmm will have to check that out. I like the Powercall brand as it is a true Powercall brand of course I can always break out one of my two genuine ge power call sirens but I want something a bit more discrete and those are big boxes to mount haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.