Announcement Thread Sales Are Back!

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Over the past few years, we've made several failed attempts to both simplify and organize transactions originating from eLightbars. We wanted to leverage technology (software) to improve all aspects of the process, but the community never accepted any of our processes.

We're now going to phase out the current "Listings" system and go back to thread-based sales, just like the old days.

There are some general rules:
  1. eLightbars reserves the right to delete or reject any product or listing for any reason
  2. Products should be listed in applicable categories
  3. Products cannot be illegal to sell, purchase, or possess
  4. eLightbars is not liable for ANY aspects of ANY sale that originates from within the site
  5. All reasonable attempts should be made to include clear and complete photos of products listed
  6. We must abide with any/all law enforcement agencies' requests for information in reference to ANY content posted on eLightbars
  7. Your content may be deleted without notice if it violates any of our advertising partners' policies
We will continue to refine these rules, as needed, to prevent liability and abide with all local, state, and federal laws.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I don't know if it's just a issue for me or in general but I posted a listing and can't edit it. I posted a teardrop for sale and wanted to edit the post but I can't find where to do that. I put a reply to that post and it will let me edit the reply but not the original. I took a screenshot showing the edit button is not there. I am either too dumb or just can't find where to edit the original post.Screenshot_2019-10-17-00-52-49.png

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I'm sorry about that, you're correct. I will address it throughout the entire marketplace forum and report back when it's fixed.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Now the edit button at the bottom is gone on both my posts in that thread (but visible in my previous post in this thread above this). Is it being updated or did it get moved to somewhere I didnt notice?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Ha! This is hard to track down because as moderators and administrators, we always see edit buttons. I'll get it worked out. There is a time limit on edits elsewhere in the forums, but the intent is to always allow an OP to edit their post indefinitely in the marketplace forums.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
OK, so users have 7 days to edit their posts globally in the forums. I'll have to do some additional work to make it indefinite in the marketplace. I'll work on it and report back.

Reactions: Pete L.
Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
I am new to the site and haven't attempted to list anything yet, but I am AMAZINGLY impressed with the responsiveness and attentiveness on this issue by the administrators. By the way, are their any "perks" for upgrading on paid memberships? Like getting rid of ads? Couldn't see find any defined benefits of either benefit of each on the site. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: tsquale

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Admin. and Mods. are awesome here on ELB.
The biggest perk (of being a paid member) for me is the ability to attach files to a
PM. That really helps with a sale when dealing one-on-one with another member.

Reactions: tsquale

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I am new to the site and haven't attempted to list anything yet, but I am AMAZINGLY impressed with the responsiveness and attentiveness on this issue by the administrators. By the way, are their any "perks" for upgrading on paid memberships? Like getting rid of ads? Couldn't see find any defined benefits of either benefit of each on the site. Thanks in advance!
Welcome @Cleaning Traffic! This thread (linked below) gives a run down of the perks. The pricing is current as of now, as I updated it. For current pricing after this date, click "Memberships" at the top of the page.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Bumping this in the hopes that more folks see it, as some are still using the listing system to post

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.