Three Color Dummy Heads

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Good afternoon All,

I'm looking for light heads that have three color capability such as the Whelen Trio, SOS Enforce, FS IMPAXX etc.

The 1000 dollar question is... are any of these made in a dummy head?

I want six wires. 2 for each color. Prefer 6 leds of each color.

Looking for mounting option like the Whelen Ion series.

Brand isn't as important now a days with the exception of knockoffs for me. Most brands have good output.

Does anyone know of this unicorn? All my searching and reading hasn't yielded anything productive.

I ultimately want to setup a Cantrol type solution and want complete control of each lighthead and color.

Thanks!
Seth

CanamRider

Jul 11, 2015
LA
Any current Whelen ION TRIO has 6 wires. Each color has it's own trigger wire.
So if you have the red/blue/white Whelen ION TRIO this would be the wiring:
  1. Red Wire (Activates Red LEDs)
  2. Blue Wire (Activates Blue LEDs)
  3. White Wire (Activates White LEDs)
  4. White/Violet (Scan-Lock)
  5. Black Wire (Ground)
  6. Grey Wire (To SYNC)
If you have the Whelen Carbide system you can easily set each lighthead to steady burn and control it just like a Whelen Control system.

Each color (i.e. red, blue and white) has its own selectable pattern... same for color combos (i.e. red and blue, blue and white, red and white) has its own selectable pattern. For instance just because you have the red LEDs on SingleFlash 300 does not mean the blue and white will flash SingleFlash 300. Each color and color combo will retain the pattern you set it to, pretty neat in my opinion.

If you set white to SteadyBurn it will override any warning pattern you have it on unless you are use the Carbide system to flash each lighthead.

If you set all the colors to SteadyBurn it will be progressive in the colors and wiring, meaning blue will override ride and white will override blue.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Any current Whelen ION TRIO has 6 wires. Each color has it's own trigger wire.
So if you have the red/blue/white Whelen ION TRIO this would be the wiring:
  1. Red Wire (Activates Red LEDs)
  2. Blue Wire (Activates Blue LEDs)
  3. White Wire (Activates White LEDs)
  4. White/Violet (Scan-Lock)
  5. Black Wire (Ground)
  6. Grey Wire (To SYNC)
If you have the Whelen Carbide system you can easily set each lighthead to steady burn and control it just like a Whelen Control system.

Each color (i.e. red, blue and white) has its own selectable pattern... same for color combos (i.e. red and blue, blue and white, red and white) has its own selectable pattern. For instance just because you have the red LEDs on SingleFlash 300 does not mean the blue and white will flash SingleFlash 300. Each color and color combo will retain the pattern you set it to, pretty neat in my opinion.

If you set white to SteadyBurn it will override any warning pattern you have it on unless you are use the Carbide system to flash each lighthead.

If you set all the colors to SteadyBurn it will be progressive in the colors and wiring, meaning blue will override ride and white will override blue.

Awesome. Thank You. I looked at the Trio install manual... that's uploaded to sirennet and it doesn't show what you've said above... maybe it's an older revision?

http://sirennet.com/pdf/14797_ION-TRIO_install.pdf

Thanks
Seth

jhook

May 23, 2010
Saskatchewan Canada
Just courious does the xt9 light head have a separate wire for each colour like the original poster is looking for? Pictures in the video it is hard to see the wiring?

alan xu

Apr 6, 2017
china
also with 6 wires:
red: color 1
blue: color 2
brown: color 3
black: ground
yellow: Mode/Reset/Sychronization
white: Alternation

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
@C17LVFD can these be used as ..

red/ white flash
white steady
red flash
Amber flash

if you get a 3 color?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Jarred,

im pretty sure but I’ll have to double check. I’ve got red white n amber...

I got four to make a competitor to the avenger ii... got a project box... just haven’t had the time to bring it to fruition. Double stacking them packs some decent punch with a decent footprint.

will you be powering on a slide switch or each trigger wire on an independent switch?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
We've had a customer use the Star Micro Star Tri-color on a feniex flasher. It was a slow pattern. I asked if he could test them on a faster pattern for me and he hasn't gotten back to me.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
@C17LVFD can these be used as ..

red/ white flash
white steady
red flash
Amber flash

if you get a 3 color?

Jarred,

just verified that that 911 signal x8t rebranded for strobesnmore will do what you want to do as described above.

Also got an Avenger II in RCA... the avenger it seems will either do white steady n override all other wires if set to steady... if White is set to a pattern, it’ll allow you to infuse white into your other two colors or flash white just as the x8t...

the x8t will allow you to steady burn the white and incorporate it into the other color patterns. One up for the x8t...

Hope this helps,
Seth

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ohh you know.me and switches lol...

It's be red/white as one position of a slider. Red on another...

Amber on another switch box that would have the white steady wired into a TD button.. so 4 different switches I know diodes would need to be used...

O2Warnings

Jul 14, 2020
CT
Good afternoon All,

I'm looking for light heads that have three color capability such as the Whelen Trio, SOS Enforce, FS IMPAXX etc.

The 1000 dollar question is... are any of these made in a dummy head?

I want six wires. 2 for each color. Prefer 6 leds of each color.

Looking for mounting option like the Whelen Ion series.

Brand isn't as important now a days with the exception of knockoffs for me. Most brands have good output.

Does anyone know of this unicorn? All my searching and reading hasn't yielded anything productive.

I ultimately want to setup a Cantrol type solution and want complete control of each lighthead and color.

Thanks!
Seth
Why would you have 6 wires? If you were using on like a CantrolWC you would just need a 4 wire light (one for each color and a ground)….everything else is controlled via the Command software on the CantrolWC

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.