Tint cut out pics?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Thinking of cutting out an area of tint in my back window for my light bar to punch through better. It's a feniex fusion 600 and 5% tint on my Charger. Does anybody have pictures of this done?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I have been searching google for a long time and could only come up with one picture. This has to be more common, I thought?

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I just had my FD vehicle re-tinted yesterday and was going to have the guy cut out a section of the rear tint for my Feniex cobra 800 but he made a valid point. My bar is mounted on brackets and sits back a little bit from the window so it would like kinda weird cutting the tint out. I opted to just leave the rear window at 15% which the light still punches right through fine. I think unless your lights are mounted right up against the window then cutting the tint out won't look right. Not that this helps at all with your question, just throwing this useless bit of info out there lol

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I have a flashback shield that I custom made thats pretty flush with the whole back window. Idk. I just don't want it to look dumb. I also want it to be brighter in the daytime. Idk Idk so torn...

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Most unmarked I've seen with dark tint have a very light tint where the cut out is to hide the lighthead, give the appearance that the whole window is tinted and still permit the light to punch through easier.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Most unmarked I've seen with dark tint have a very light tint where the cut out is to hide the lighthead, give the appearance that the whole window is tinted and still permit the light to punch through easier.
Thats an interesting idea

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
D8 in back window cut out
Also, did you cut it out after the fact? Or have the tint shop pre-cut it? If you did it after, any suggestions or tips? I plan on using an exacto, being careful with defroster strips, and letting some 409 slowly release the tint around the strips so I don't rip off the defrosters

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
With so little pics of this around, might be a good idea to just flood this thread with pics if you have them. Pretty sure these are the only pics on the whole internet (and some are youtube screenshots) lol. Anyway, here's a couple and add more if you got em

U1nUx1i.png

7yiqvO9.png

EWydiMY.png

dsmZYuL.png

WLLKGEd.png

al7hXy1.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.