TLF question

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I don't know if anyone currently does. However, that was that pattern of every police car in Union, NJ before they went to HAWs. If no one makes one, and you do; you need to send me a wiring schematic for it! Good Luck!

JraCrir

May 27, 2010
NH
Relatively easy to make yourself, I did with a basic headlight flasher and 4 Roadmaster Hy-Power diodes. Split each headlight output so that it controls one taillight and the opposite reverse light. Connect them to the lights using the diodes. Each diode has two inputs, one output. Output to the light, one input to the flasher, the other to the normal taillight/reverse light wire. If I can get my camera to work and get my car back from the shop I'll post a vid.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Sweet, I'd love to see it! I'm sure Shues would too.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Its actually quite easy. Basically wire the brake light wire (comes out of the TLF) into one reverse light and one turn signal, then wire the reverse light wire (comes out of the TLF) into one turn signal and one reverse light.

Oh on a side note that diagram of the caprice taillights is wrong. Note the middle section does not flash as shown in your picture thing!

JraCrir

May 27, 2010
NH
Fast LT1 said:
Its actually quite easy. Basically wire the brake light wire (comes out of the TLF) into one reverse light and one turn signal, then wire the reverse light wire (comes out of the TLF) into one turn signal and one reverse light.

Problem with that is the power possibly back-feeding into the car wiring lighting up other lights, depending on how the car wiring is designed. That is basically how I initially wired my car, and when I turned it on, both tail and reverse lights stayed on constantly, with a little flicker. Thats why I used the diodes, as stated earlier. Whether or not your suggestion will work would depend on the vehicle in question, my way should (theoretically) work with any vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.