TN "meet and greet" tour 2011 (7/22)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well its time to start planning our next great meet and greet for this year.

I know we may be limited due to fuel prices so...

please post what area of the state you'd like to venture to.

possible places you'd like to tour

a time frame of when we'd like to do this

distance you'd be willing to travel

resources you may have for "insider visibility"

and depending on distance to travel food and lodging choices...

Last edited by a moderator:

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
You are not gonna get much better than Nashville being that it is pretty much smack in the middle between Memphis and Bristol. I know Nashville was done last year though. We could do anywhere really...Sevierville(Dollywood), Choo Choo(Ruby Falls), Memphis(BEALE ST.!!! LOL!!), Bristol(raceway), anywhere in the state really. lol!! It won't matter to me as far as where it is. All I know is that I am gonna make it this year. lol!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i guess ill remind folks or let other people know where we've been...

met in murffeesboro (center of the state)

toured the TN fire and codes academy.

ate lunch at the academy

toured a small mueseum here in my town to see some antique fire apparatus as well as a whole bunch of other items garland king has

took the "behind the scenes" tour at jack daniel's distillerty to see the fire brigade's vehicles.

then took the regular tour.

met at and started the tour at TBI headquartes.

made a short visit and "tour" of the district dispatch office of the THP

toured the Medical Examiner's Office

ate at applebees near the radison.

toured the THP vehicle services building near the airport and watched and learned how they assemble the THP cars. also looked at the 3 wirly birds they have.

Toured the emergency services section of the BNA airport.

All of this was organized by TNEMS7 with the great connections he has made with the his time with the goverment office he upheld.

I know some of the folks from last eyar was talking about heading east and seeing behind the scenes at dolly wood and maybe touring C2Installs establishments.

the year is still relativey young to start planning.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Jarred J. said:
touring C2Installs establishments.

If he has the time, go for this! Matt is a great host and very nice fella! Smart, too!

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
It would be cool if we could meet in Smyrna TN which is just north of Murfreesboro. be cool if we could go tour the 45th civil support team (National Guard Hazmat Team.)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
we have a few members in the wiliiamson county, rutherford county area. might be a good idea. maybe some of them know the members (hint hint)

do a few tours in the boro, lunch at toots or hooters then smyrna?

Im afraid gas going to $4.00 is going to keep me here especialy if we wander to far to the left or right and motels get involved

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I'm game!

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Im not familiar with the Natl Gaurd unit, buit I could set up tours with Murfreesboro PD, Rutherford Co SO, Rutherford Co EMA, Murfreesboro FD, places like that, if we need to. I can try to get in touch with the NG and see what can be done... anyone have a date in mind?

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
cook2890 said:
Im not familiar with the Natl Gaurd unit, buit I could set up tours with Murfreesboro PD, Rutherford Co SO, Rutherford Co EMA, Murfreesboro FD, places like that, if we need to. I can try to get in touch with the NG and see what can be done... anyone have a date in mind?

Well if thats what yall want to do about going to tour the Natl Gaurd CST let me know. I have a contact I can call.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok, sounds like we need to at least get a month time frame down so we can start arranging this.

I can take any days off as long as i have 2 weeks notice.

2009 we did it in june?

2010 was in august.

june or july would be a good time. opinions?

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I can be free both months, so it doesnt really matter to me, whatever works out best for the group. If you all would like for me to set up local tours, I would like a couple of weeks notice, but it shouldnt be a problem!

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
Whenever it is, it CANNOT be June 8-13.....I am working Bonnaroo medical this year and I AM NOT GOING TO MISS IT lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the roo huh? i might be volunteering some time at the EOC as a Ham.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i think jim is a ham.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
I'm interested, provided I can get the time off, which I'm not sure I can if Cook takes off for it too. lol :bonk:

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
Well i'm ready when yall are. So whose in charge of the planning? I'm willing to help out on the planning.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I volunteer to post the month choices. lol i dont have the contact info to set anything up. (remember im just a rent a cop/ new EMA volunteer.)

we need to set a date first.

any one have problems with the last weekend of june

or second weekend in july? (The first weekend is a three day weekend due to the fourth and those types of places may be limited personnel or busy due to activities)

Also those of you who have contact(s) info who can call and see if these are good dates. then send all info you received to me and ill post it up in a organized fashion. also will distro info via email PM as i have done before. so i guess you can call me a co organizer. :undecided:

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
Jarred J. said:
I volunteer to post the month choices. lol i dont have the contact info to set anything up. (remember im just a rent a cop/ new EMA volunteer.)

we need to set a date first.

any one have problems with the last weekend of june

or second weekend in july? (The first weekend is a three day weekend due to the fourth and those types of places may be limited personnel or busy due to activities)

Also those of you who have contact(s) info who can call and see if these are good dates. then send all info you received to me and ill post it up in a organized fashion. also will distro info via email PM as i have done before. so i guess you can call me a co organizer. :undecided:

I would greatly prefer a wed-thu-fri meetup lol....but, I will do my best to work with what we get

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Either weekend works for me. and if anyone wants to tour the local agencies in Murfreesboro I can set that up...

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Well lets start out with dates june is open except the last weekend "Baby Coming" and Last Week in JULY im moving to Texas. anytime weekends or weekdays im good to go just need a few days notice.

I think we should go see the Hazmat with the Guard that someone suggested, the AM tower that MPD was talking about would be cool. Im also itching to get out and shoot, so if anyone knows of a range or has acess to some place to shoot in the area maybe we could do that. we could go visit a local Fire Department, check out some of the new stuff they got. I am not real familiar with departments up in the area so im no good for that. As far as food goes we have just about anything in that area......

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
TNFF412N said:
Well lets start out with dates june is open except the last weekend "Baby Coming" and Last Week in JULY im moving to Texas. anytime weekends or weekdays im good to go just need a few days notice.

I think we should go see the Hazmat with the Guard that someone suggested, the AM tower that MPD was talking about would be cool. Im also itching to get out and shoot, so if anyone knows of a range or has acess to some place to shoot in the area maybe we could do that. we could go visit a local Fire Department, check out some of the new stuff they got. I am not real familiar with departments up in the area so im no good for that. As far as food goes we have just about anything in that area......

I know of a couple ranges, and I also have 18 acres that ya'll are welcome to come to and shoot on........

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
past 2 years we've done it all on a friday? are yall wanting to have a multi-day excursion? :undecided:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
hitman38367 said:
You are not gonna get much better than Nashville being that it is pretty much smack in the middle between Memphis and Bristol. I know Nashville was done last year though. We could do anywhere really...Sevierville(Dollywood), Choo Choo(Ruby Falls), Memphis(BEALE ST.!!! LOL!!), Bristol(raceway), anywhere in the state really. lol!! It won't matter to me as far as where it is. All I know is that I am gonna make it this year. lol!!

Correcting a slight mistake above....

......Memphis (The Pony!!!!)......

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Jared and others,

I had hoped we could go to East Tennesee this year, but if it is fate to be in middle Tennessee again, I will be happy to try to help out with arrangements.

I just completed my paramedic refresher course at Smyrna last month and have TEMA and National Guard contacts. Our classroom was in the same building as the Civil Support Unit, and it also the Army Aviation Support unit for Blackhawk helicopters. (Components of the Civil Support Unit used to be parked at the National Guard Headquarters in Nashville.

I think it is an excellent idea to visit WSM's transmitter site (the antenna has been added to to National Historic sites.)If we went to the WSM tower, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency headquarters is in the vicinity at the Ellington Ag Center. Coming on in I-65 off Harding Place, the State Emergency Operations Center is at Sidco Drive. If you haven't had an opportunity to tour the "pit" that may be interesting. I may also be able to arrange a presentation about the State's radio interoperability development (700/800 MHz use) if we visit TEMA.

Look forward to seeing you, and Jared, call me and keep me posted.

Richard Land

TN EMS 7

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I agree. It appears the high gas prices will keep us near here.

I'll keep you posted as we get more info

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Sadness i wish we could do a Texas Meet and greet darn Teneseens with your fun :(

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
backdraft51 said:
so its now May and is there any new information on this?

we need to se a date and requested activities SOON

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok folks its time to get serious with this.

we need to set a date and the activities yall would like to do....

look through the list we have on the 1st page and post what youd like to do...

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
As I said before, I am game for anything,anytime, and without the prior restrictions on days. However, it CANNOT be June 8-13th, as I will be up to my neck in drugged out partiers at Bonnaroo (I'm working medical there this year, so please, please, PLEASE pray for me)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah im still considering doing the eoc ham stuff

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
SWEET! I would love to get involved in this ya'll. A "meet n' greet" would be awesome. A meet n greet/swap meet would be even more awesomer! lol I wouldnt care where yall met up. I'll drive to any place within 500 miles. 500 miles is about my cut off before i gotta stop and spend the night.haha. Hope to hear more from this. As long as its not the week of July 18th. I will be in Virginia.

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
Confederatefirefighter said:
SWEET! I would love to get involved in this ya'll. A "meet n' greet" would be awesome. A meet n greet/swap meet would be even more awesomer! lol I wouldnt care where yall met up. I'll drive to any place within 500 miles. 500 miles is about my cut off before i gotta stop and spend the night.haha. Hope to hear more from this. As long as its not the week of July 18th. I will be in Virginia.

Now why would we let a Georgia boy come hang out on the cool side of the border? You might just leave crying "volun-tears." LOL.....be glad to have you along...where in GA are you from?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.