Touchmaster Delta and Whelen Alpha 12Q Wiring Questions

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
Have the two sirens installed in my truck and neither are fully functional. I think they're simple fixes, but I just can't figure it out.

I can't get the sweep mode working on the TD. I have a separate switch wired for the horn ring and it isn't tripping the sweep function. I've tried to match the diagram the best I can, but it isn't working correctly. Does it need power or ground or something to function correctly? Or does it just jump between the two connection points on the back of the unit?

And I can get the 12Q to work on manual mode, but not with the wind down. I am fairly certain that the pins aren't the correct ones and they aren't long enough. As I was wire testing the connections, I made contact with the pin end and shifted it, turning on the siren. Does anyone know where I can find replacement pins for the connector?

And last question. I want to wire in the siren brake for the 12Q, but didn't see it in the manual. Which connection is that?

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
I did manage to figure out the Alpha 12Q. I had to order new longer pins, but it works correctly now.

I still cannot get the TD to work correctly.
-The sweep does not work. I have tried wiring in a separate switch for Horn Ring, as well as triggering it off a function switch on the siren itself. Neither seem to work.
-The Manual button does not work either. It gets stuck in the depressed position and does not trigger any noise.
-And the Aux switch does not work in either momentary or latched mode.

Is there any hope for the unit?

OPD1222

Jan 30, 2019
OK
I apologize if I misunderstand your question, but I do know that the quick work around for the sweep function is to attach about a 12 or 14g wire from the horn ring terminal to the RLS terminal on the back of the unit as oppose to splicing into your vehicle wiring. Either horn ring terminal will do I believe. Then you just press rls to activate sweep.

OPD1222

Jan 30, 2019
OK
But then again with your man button problems, I'd say just get another unit from Ebay. That one sounds like a host of future problems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.