Touchmaster Delta Issues

Brandon-

Dec 24, 2020
New Hampshire
Hello!

Recently I got a used touchmaster delta that was guaranteed to not be dead on arrival and It is having some issues and I was curious if y'all knew any fixes to it. The main issue I am having is that there is no siren output to the speaker when its hooked up and when disconnected you can't hear it from the unit's built-in amplifier itself.

Does anybody know any fix to this?

Thanks!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I have attached the manual PDF which includes some troubleshooting. There could be a couple things going on.

1. Wiring isn't properly grounded
2. Siren cutout may be set up so you can't have the siren on without the slide switch in POS 3.
3. Something else (not helpful, I know)

Attachments

• 22-UTMD-00.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

Brandon-

Dec 24, 2020
New Hampshire
Thanks for the reply tsquale,

I tried it with full power as instructed in the manual but I can't hear anything from the unit itself and in there under troubleshooting it indicates you should be able to. I am thinking it may be more internal with the unit.

Does anyone know any way to fix this or cheap services that will repair it?

Thanks!!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
You're welcome. Have you tried putting the slide switch all the way to the right in position three and then trying it?

@MtnMan does repair services for electronic sirens, but he is very busy with that so you may be waiting. I seem to remember that the RLS switch may need power or a jump wire as well. I'll try to dig mine out and verify that.

Brandon-

Dec 24, 2020
New Hampshire
Hello!

I tried it in Test mode and on Position 3. I have the horn ring jumped to RLS (11 jumped to 2).

Also, what should I do with this light being out?

Thanks!

image.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That is the extent of my troubleshooting. I would contact the seller and see if they have any thoughts since they sold it to you as working.

jseramur

Nov 8, 2021
Indiana
I’m having a problem with an early Fed Sig TM4 built after the D-N buyout. Sitting on my bench connected to power, all internal wiring is identical to my D-N TM4 and with the red siren toggle in the neutral position, when I slide the switch to position 3 or flip on the Bypass, in both cases the wail activates and stays at the peak as if you were holding the siren on manually. The only way to get it to stop is to toggle the red siren toggle in either position and then return it to neutral. I’ve checked for internal shorts, made sure there wasn’t any sloppy solder. I have no idea why its doing this….

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.