tow truck lighting

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
would like to get everyone's ideas adding a few new trucks to the fleet the 3 i have now currently run whelen edge 4 head strobe bars and older generation 1 led arrow sticks. i am thinking i want to go led lightbars and front grille and a pair of rear led flashers and upgrade on the arrow sticks bar must have stt lights and upper work lights and atleast a lighting output equal to the current edges these setups will replace the current setups and also go on the new trucks which come from the factpry with whelen towman specials which are a 10 head 62 inch led bar i am thinkin a 58 or 60 inch bar as the 62 inch is a bit long and wide for a repo truck.

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
A buddy of mine just upgraded one of his trucks. He put a sound off skyfire LED bar on it. It uses leds and mirrors and it is impressive. It has 4 corner leds, 3 front facing (looks like more with mirrors) and 3 rear facing (like the front) he also has 4 rear facing led work lights which are really bright as well. If you want more info I can get it from him. Just let me know.

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
our latest wrecker has a Whelen Freedom. I think that its WAY better than a Liberty that we have on our ramp. If you are worried about height then the Liberty will work better, but light output is better on the Freedom.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
The star laser and laser mp are good bars that we can make the rear dual color to make it a giant worklight.

We also have the rontan maximum on sale this month on our site.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
PM sent... You wont be disappointed.

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
got the pm i do like the bar they come from the dealer with those but they are too long and wide for us and our wreckers have a fold down light bar bracket but the bar is a little too long and causes a problem with the fold down bracket with parking garages.

FEVER said:
PM sent... You wont be disappointed.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Check with him about a liberty just in case.

ClintonPSE

Mar 13, 2013
Clinton, IA
We just installed our first Star Laser Lineum Lightbar on a heavy haul truck and it is pretty wicked. The dual color light heads are SWEET for rear work lights and amber warning. I'm recommending this bar for any towing/recovery operations!

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ClintonPSE said:
We just installed our first Star Laser Lineum Lightbar on a heavy haul truck and it is pretty wicked. The dual color light heads are SWEET for rear work lights and amber warning. I'm recommending this bar for any towing/recovery operations!

Pics are a must!!!!

ClintonPSE

Mar 13, 2013
Clinton, IA
The only photo I took was this one with my phone. This lightbar is mounted on the roof with PowerArc PA Series adjustable mounting feet. They help raise the height of the bar "just enough" to be visible 360 degrees without looking like a spoiler. These brackets work GREAT for almost every semi truck installation.This photo was just taken at 1PM on a sunny day. Not too bad in my opinion.

laser.jpg

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Still can't get used to seeing bullbars in the USA!

Shame trucks hauling oversize aren't allowed to run light bars here, which means we see some very strange setups on rollback tow trucks, lightbar on rollback and beacons on truck cab.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.