Towing Mirror TIR4 Install

Jtajk1995

Mar 30, 2018
Van Buren, Arkansas
I have always been of the camp that appreciate the ability of Mirror Warning. Depending on the angel of the mirrors, they can work really well as intersectors. "I've seen a lot of the installs already completed!":confused: Do not fret this will not be of those. If you have towing mirrors and want to install TIR4s or similiar this "How-To" is for you.

Step 1: (Identify what you have) For this project

Ratchet
#10 (Long Shaft) Socket

High Intensity 4LED R/W
Capture2.PNG

&

Towing Mirrors for 2003-2007 Silverado Truck
Capture.PNGFront.PNG

------------------------
Step 2:(Remove Door Panels)
(Most GMs have middle screw (behind handle) & bottom screw (ground facing portion of the Carpet)

Step 3:(Remove Mirrors)
(Most Nuts on the Mirrors are a #10)

------------------------

Follow YouTube for removing the mirror glass. WARNING if you are not careful YOU WILL break it!

------------------------

Step 3: Bench the mirror, remove the Hinge Mount Bracket & Hinge Mount (Standard Phillips)

20180429_165739-Cap_pull.jpg20180429_165342_identify.jpg

Step 4:

Remarks: The great thing about this mirror IMHO, is the template is already there for you.

Front.png

The included shroud screws worked well against this plastic. The cord hole should be about a 1/4" maybe a little bigger (sorry recalling from memory).

Step 5: Run your wires

20180429_165352_id.jpg20180429_165939-2nd angle..jpg
How do I make sure I run the cable correctly? <- Great question, let me demonstrate.

Routing of cable.png

TIP: Make sure the cable being fed into the truck is clean cut. (This is NOT the time to put your connectors on yet)

BENCH: time to BENCH TEST.

Success?
YES: Reassemble, and install back on vehicle.

NO: Pull cable to ensure no pinches or grounded wires.

(NEXT Install Help: Wiring Up Mirror LEDs)

-JD

Attachments

• 20180429_165939-2nd angle..jpg
    20180429_165939-2nd angle..jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: irsa76 and Tony P

Jtajk1995

Mar 30, 2018
Van Buren, Arkansas
I've been down pretty sick for a little bit. Install is done. And I apologize I did not get the step by step. Let me know what you think...

(NOTE:
1) I know the sequencing is off. I looked at it for a LONG time...Not kidding. Sat outside looking at it for nearly 20 minutes. I don't know, maybe, eh, perhaps.. You know what It's MINE!
2) There are many on here and other boards that discourage the half/half. I know the output. I will say this though. I like the alternating patterns of them.

I didn't label the video very well. Let me break it down.
Part 1: All Lights off
Part 2: Intersector/Grill & Rear Warning advisor (Warning mode on STL switch controls the TIR4s
Part 3: Emergency Mode.

In conclusion I have r/w/r coming for the rear big windows. :)mad: They should have been here on the 4th).

Comments Below. & Thanks everyone in advance.

-JB

firecop604

Dec 11, 2010
MD
I have always been of the camp that appreciate the ability of Mirror Warning. Depending on the angel of the mirrors, they can work really well as intersectors. "I've seen a lot of the installs already completed!":confused: Do not fret this will not be of those. If you have towing mirrors and want to install TIR4s or similiar this "How-To" is for you.

Step 1: (Identify what you have) For this project

Ratchet
#10 (Long Shaft) Socket

High Intensity 4LED R/W
View attachment 212519
&

Towing Mirrors for 2003-2007 Silverado Truck
View attachment 212520View attachment 212521

------------------------
Step 2:(Remove Door Panels)
(Most GMs have middle screw (behind handle) & bottom screw (ground facing portion of the Carpet)

Step 3:(Remove Mirrors)
(Most Nuts on the Mirrors are a #10)

------------------------

Follow YouTube for removing the mirror glass. WARNING if you are not careful YOU WILL break it!

------------------------

Step 3: Bench the mirror, remove the Hinge Mount Bracket & Hinge Mount (Standard Phillips)

View attachment 212518View attachment 212517

Step 4:

Remarks: The great thing about this mirror IMHO, is the template is already there for you.

View attachment 212522

The included shroud screws worked well against this plastic. The cord hole should be about a 1/4" maybe a little bigger (sorry recalling from memory).

Step 5: Run your wires

View attachment 212524View attachment 212525
How do I make sure I run the cable correctly? <- Great question, let me demonstrate.

View attachment 212526

TIP: Make sure the cable being fed into the truck is clean cut. (This is NOT the time to put your connectors on yet)

BENCH: time to BENCH TEST.

Success?
YES: Reassemble, and install back on vehicle.

NO: Pull cable to ensure no pinches or grounded wires.

(NEXT Install Help: Wiring Up Mirror LEDs)

-JD
This was a great how-to! If anyone has something similar for a Super Duty mirror, I'd love to see it. I've been debating doing it to my 2014 F-250 but without knowing what the inside of the mirror looks like, I haven't pulled the trigger.

Reactions: Jtajk1995

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.