traffic advisor arrow

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
We are going to be obtaining a crash truck (rescue body on a 1 ton chassis), and converting it to a service truck. One of the things I want to do, is to stripe it on the back with a chevron pattern, and put a traffic advisor back there to use it on the interstate, etc, to help slow and divert traffic.

I have never been impressed with the looks or effectiveness of the advisors that install on lightbars or rear decks. I want a nice, big ass amber arrow that points left or right.

Who makes those? Does anyone here have one for sale? I don't care if it's LED or halogen, as long as it works. I will take photos of the truck and post here if that helps.

Bob

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Never mind. I went and took a closer look at the truck this morning. There is no room at all on the back of the box. The only thing that will work is a strip across the rear mounted on the roof.

dammit

Oh well. I still want to put the chevron on the back.

Bob

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
A dept north of mine put one of the "construction arrow" boards on top of their rescue truck. lays flat when not in use.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
If you want to go all out check out the Whelen 500 series led traffic arrows the ones that have the arrow shape on the ends that will do your needs great check youtube for a video. Worth the money.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.