Traffic bar interior or exterior?

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Have has a rash of people being hit lately while on the side of roads, so wife is concerned for my safety and would like for me to add amber bar to rear. Do you guys prefer to mount your traffic bars internal or external? I have a Chevy Avalanche so it would be mounted above the rear window like this

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
I think exterior mount is always going to be more visible than going through a window with tint. The light in the video looks like a good location for the mount. I say go for it and post a video when you're done. What are you looking at for a bar?

Reactions: Blake

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
The purpose of tint is to reduce light transmission. Mounting a light behind anything that is designed to reduce light transmission is sub-optimal. If your interior has not tint, then it's a wash. If there is tint involved, mount it externally.

Reactions: Blake

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Not a Feniex fan.
Not a Feniex fan????! Your the firstive encountered ...Well, I can tell you this, it comes down to the type of optics, and of course brand. TIR optics will give you a much brighter view head on, and further distance, as opposed to linear optics which give a off axis view but wider viewing distance. If your not Feniex guy, I suggest one of the Brooking Razor series. Very nice compact unit, very bright and effective, and best of all affordable

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
It made me wonder, why I see installers mount behind tint on non stealth installs?
Typically easier mounting and shorter wiring run, so faster install time. Often on an SUV, it's to allow rear warning when the hatch is open and blocking the roof bar.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If microman was still around I'd recommend them... it's what I use

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Not a Feniex fan????! Your the firstive encountered ...Well, I can tell you this, it comes down to the type of optics, and of course brand. TIR optics will give you a much brighter view head on, and further distance, as opposed to linear optics which give a off axis view but wider viewing distance. If your not Feniex guy, I suggest one of the Brooking Razor series. Very nice compact unit, very bright and effective, and best of all affordable
With Feniex I looked at the Fusion 2X dashlight, and to me even in daylight my Whelen Dual Avenger is brighter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.