Tripp Lite Belt driven

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Anyone know anything about a Tripp Lite, 2 bulb beacon that is belt driven. Belt drive similar to a CJ184 system. Couldn't see a model number on it. Tall clean base. Couldn't get a pic.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Tripp-Lite or Tri-Lite RF-6 Roto-Flash as already said.

Earlier Tripp-Lite RF-6 had a riveted name tag on the aluminium base but later versions has adhesive name tags.

The lower part of the lamp holder was in metal on the Tripp-Lite ones but they are in plastic on the Tri-Lite ones and I think also on very late Tripp-Lite ones too.

I recall I have seen an old advertisement that showed a RF-6 with a lamp holder of the can type similar to the Federal 17 but I have never seen any in reality.

The lens has changed a little over the years too. The earlier ones was more rounded without the plateau on the top. The later and contemporary ones are a little flatter with the plateau on top.

Tripp-Lite was owned by Trippe Mfg. Co. until the end of the 80's when the warning equipment division become an own company with the new name Tri-Lite.
Tri-Lite bought Mars Signal Light Co. about the same time.

Michael

Last edited:
Reactions: CrownVic97

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Thanks guys, great information. It had a metal tag, riveted. The dome was rounded, similar to a stratolite dome, amber. Don't think it was can type holders, I would have caught that one. I will look again when I go back. Not that interested in buying it, the belt drive just caught my attention.

J.M.Rife

Dec 9, 2019
Grundy Virginia
Tripp-Lite or Tri-Lite RF-6 Roto-Flash as already said.

Earlier Tripp-Lite RF-6 had a riveted name tag on the aluminium base but later versions has adhesive name tags.

The lower part of the lamp holder was in metal on the Tripp-Lite ones but they are in plastic on the Tri-Lite ones and I think also on very late Tripp-Lite ones too.

I recall I have seen an old advertisement that showed a RF-6 with a lamp holder of the can type similar to the Federal 17 but I have never seen any in reality.

The lens has changed a little over the years too. The earlier ones was more rounded without the plateau on the top. The later and contemporary ones are a little flatter with the plateau on top.

Tripp-Lite was owned by Trippe Mfg. Co. until the end of the 80's when the warning equipment division become an own company with the new name Tri-Lite.
Tri-Lite bought Mars Signal Light Co. about the same time.

Michael
I have an earlier Tripp lite rf-6 with the riveted tag and the can style bulb holder it also has the more rounded dome

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
So you POS thief J.M.Rife…. You dare to show your face after you stole this Tripp light from me? For all in this post know that this guy is a thief. We made a trade deal, I sent him this light and he didn't send me his. Told me "OH well". WIll also post this in the transaction feedback section.

• Angry

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
@empire5150 If he doesn't make this right I would contact the Fire Dept. he volunteers for, I'm sure they would love to hear about this transaction. He probably plans to use it for his vehicle in their department. He lives in Grundy, Virginia so should be easy to track down which department.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
The address he had me ship to is 1683 Dry Fork Rd. Vansant VA 24656. I see he has just closed his FB page where I also posted this...

Last edited:
  • Angry

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.