Triton question

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
We have a few 2019 Tahoes that we are outfitting for our PD. In order to stay in budget, they opted to go with 2 Triton speakers on the push bumper. We have a Tahoe with 1 Triton on its push bumper now. I parked it beside my Charger with the AS-124 behind the grille. I used a non scientific test method of ear and a dB meter program on my iPhone. I stood about 15 yards in front of the vehicles and measured 85 on the Triton and 92 on the AS-124. With this in mind, do you all think that 2 Tritons will bump the dB closer up to one AS-124? They will be mounted under the cross bar of the push bumper because a Feniex 600 bar will be on top.

I will post about the other equipment in another section.

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Compact speakers of today are not as loud as traditional bell and cone speakers, period.
I see that. We just put an old Whelen 314 on an old vehicle that a CPI fell off of. Even it puts the Triton to shame and it too is mounted behind the grille (of an expedition tho).

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If your asking the difference between 200
and 100 watts... It's 3 db

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
We wound up going with 2 Triton speakers and they sound ok with the Whelen 295 Siren. We also went with the Feniex running board lights, Fusion 200 bar in the side windows (rear), a Fusion 600 on push bumper and a Fusion 800 in rear window. Other Feniex products were B/W cannons in the reverse lights. Aside from that, all of the other LED lightheads were ST6 and Eclipse Interior bar from Brookings.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.