FedSig ILS
Nforce Surface Mount (9 diode) in the grill x2
SoundOff Intersector Surface Mount on the side view mirrors

Side Warning
SoundOff Dual Stacked Surface Mount Ghost (mounted on the side of a toolbox

Rear Warning
SoundOff UltraLite 12 Head mounted on the Toolbox
Whelen LINZ6 x2 mounted on the license plate
(Possibly Whelen Slimlighter TIR6 behind the rear window for a higher warning)

Controlled by a slider switch
1 - Rear Only
2 - 1 +Side, ILS on a slow pattern, mirror lights
3 - Everything, ILS on a fast pattern

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thoughts on this for a setup:

Front:
FedSig ILS
Nforce Surface Mount (9 diode) in the grill x2
SoundOff Intersector Surface Mount on the side view mirrors

Side Warning
SoundOff Dual Stacked Surface Mount Ghost (mounted on the side of a toolbox

Rear Warning
SoundOff UltraLite 12 Head mounted on the Toolbox
Whelen LINZ6 x2 mounted on the license plate
(Possibly Whelen Slimlighter TIR6 behind the rear window for a higher warning)

Controlled by a slider switch
1 - Rear Only
2 - 1 +Side, ILS on a slow pattern, mirror lights
3 - Everything, ILS on a fast pattern

What year is the ram? I know that with some of the newer years, the grill tilts downward a bit (thus pointing the grill lights slightly down) and the side mirror angles vary.

It's not bad, but some tweaks I'd like to see:
--instead of nforce 9 diode grill lights, I'd like to see something bigger (i.e. M7, Quadraflare, or similar 7x3 lighthead) b/c, as bright as they are, I think they look so tiny on larger trucks.
--I'm not a fan of surface mounting intersectors on the mirrors. I prefer the under-the-mirror application b/c it looks cleaner and the angle of the light is generally better than surface mounting on side mirrors (they tend to angle upwards)
--For the side of the toolbox, I'd also like to see something like the M7 or similar 7x3 lighthead b/c the linear lighthead is better for perimeter warning & the Doublestacked ghost is more expensive than something in the 7x3 family. The 7x3s are only about 1/2" taller than the Doublestacked ghosts but pack way more punch. However, if you wanted to stay smaller, nforce would be a better route than TIR ghost optics
--instead of the ultralite, I'd go with a CN signalmaster, which is the same price as the ultralite 12 but more functionality & brightness, or the latitude (its more economical alternative), b/c I def prefer linear for TA/warning sticks. However, I'd also consider mounting the lightstick in the rear headliner (instead of a TIR6 slimlighter), to protect the lightstick from getting beat up in the bed of your truck.
--the linz6 are ok as long as you don't get split color models, but I'd look at something brighter, i.e. SOS nforce fit.

Glad your going with the FedSig ILB...I think they currently make the best one

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Here's my 2016 Ram 1500. Granted it's not a 2500, but the ILB fitment will be the same. I personally think the Feniex ILBs are the best. I have the Apollo ILB and fitment is excellent. Sits right up against the headliner and very minimal flashback, if any, at night time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.