Truck-Lite LED Solid State Warning Light

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Well, I bit the bullet and bought one to take a look inside and see what really makes this simple looking light so damn impressive.

A local trucking/construction/mining giant has 2 of these mounted on every one of their 18 wheelers and garbage trucks, they are extremely bright and eye catching during the day, and stupid at night.

First thought of the light, without owning or opening one; I figured 18 TIR style LEDs arrayed in 3 tall and 6 panels around.

Inside:

When I cracked it open, I found a Lighthouse style magnifier, which i thought was genius! Inside was 6 panels of 3 LEDs, a flasher board at the bottom mounted to an extremely heavy duty aluminum base.

Mounting and the build:

It mounts with 3 screws, gasket and thats it, hardware included. theres 3 wires coming out, for quad or double flash. light only available in amber, with a combo of clear lens, colored LEDs, clear lens amber lighthouse magnifier or amber lens.

The lens itself has simplistic vertical optics on the inside, to reduce dirt build up.

Performance:

Head on to the LED panel is ridiculous, that magnifier dos the job well! plus, the 2 angled panels still throw a mean punch!

in between panels, still hold it down very well, there is a very slight brighness ifference, but not enough to make it unoticeable!

over all:

If you got a big truck and need a great warning light, this is your beacon. its price is a bit steep, but you wont regret it.

Pros:

very well and "toughly" built, construction couldnt be better, its simpicity is what makes it great.

very bright, on and off axis (although there isnt really and off axis)

easy to keep clean/maintain (which there isnt much to maintain)

nice variety of aesthetic options

easy to install/wire, with some creativity, can be made magnetic/portable

Cons:

only comes in amber.

indoor video (day to come soon)

Link:

Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : LED Solid-State Warning Lamps, Medium Profile

EDIT:

while fetching official link, I just found theyre now offered in all colors AND magnetic!

DSCN7115.jpg

DSCN7116.jpg

DSCN7117.jpg

DSCN7114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
EngCo4 said:
Price? Went to the site and lots of stock, but no pricing.

Loks like a GOOD product!

$240

to much....

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
strobecrazy said:
Looks hefty in size, about how tall?

Its 6" tall, not a bad size, but theres also a low profile version, which I think is 4" tall

These sell for around $220 CAN in most stores with a $40 varince depending on location, I snagged mine off ebay for $150

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
strobecrazy said:
Looks hefty in size, about how tall?

Its 6" tall, but they have a low profile version aswell

As for price, they hover around $220, at least in these here parts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.