Trying to figure out 911ep Millennium light bar

Mike4231

Mar 27, 2020
Fargo
Hey there. New here.

Just bought a 911ep Millennium light bar. Has one cable coming out of it with a heavy ga red and black and an unshielded wire. It also has a smaller wire with small strand white and blue wires.

From the short time I've been looking over the site that sounds like I must have an external Cid box to make this lightbar work. Is that correct or is that internal to the bar?

Is there a way to make the bar function without this box?

Are these boxes available?

I dont want to change programming a whole bunch I just want the basic functions. I will try to get some pics up soon to help you guys ID it.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Welcome to the site! You are correct, this bar requires the 911ep CID to work at all. They are black (the orange ones are for the Galaxy Elite). They pop up from time to time on eBay. I haven't heard of anyone getting these to work without one.

This was the FIRST exterior LED warning lightbar offered and they're pretty damn cool. The LED cards are still fairly easy to find to change colors as well. While the bar is 12v, the cards are not.

MaryFrancis

Jul 2, 2020
Texas
I'm in the same boat here. P-up 2 Galaxy 911eps CDE/E-06, but only 1 CID. Wires look in rough shape. I'd like to swap out colors too. Where can I get manuals n diagrams? I tried a different thread here but it said attachment was unavailable. TIA

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'm in the same boat here. P-up 2 Galaxy 911eps CDE/E-06, but only 1 CID. Wires look in rough shape. I'd like to swap out colors too. Where can I get manuals n diagrams? I tried a different thread here but it said attachment was unavailable. TIA

Attachments

• 271702_Galaxy Owners Manual.pdf
    172.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 271752_Galaxy Quick Start.pdf
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Galaxy_Elite_Schematic.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Galaxy_Schematic.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Tony P
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
With the Millennium, you have the large power and ground as well as the 2 small communication wires. The communication wires go to the CID with the blue to RX and white to TX. They made 2 types of CID boxes with one being an earlier and more rare version. The most common one has a phone cord type jack on the side for programming via computer. If you want the light to work, you will need the CID. If you are looking for one and find one it would be good to grab it as I do not see them pop up too often. Typically they go for around $50 but could go for more. My experience is that parts for these are not in very big demand keeping prices pretty reasonable but they are also not readily available.

They are pretty neat bars. Its nice to have it working but just putting one on display isn't bad either.Screenshot_2020-07-03-02-20-41.png

summersault

Aug 15, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I recently picked up a Millennium. Does anyone know where I can get install guide/wiring diagrams? The links on another thread say the attachments are unavailable.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I recently picked up a Millennium. Does anyone know where I can get install guide/wiring diagrams? The links on another thread say the attachments are unavailable.
Here is what I have from the @tsquale collection of literature :)

Attachments

• MillInstrux (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • Millennium_Mounting (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Millennium_InstallTabloid (2019_02_24 02_27_54 UTC).pdf
    541 KB · Views: 13

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.