tsquale collection thread! Updated video page 4, post 152 - 11/09/2023

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
@Impala9C1 I'm not sure. I've never seen a mini in use. I have seen a few photos of the full-size in use on cars. They are very fragile and not well made, which is why I think so few are left and likely why they didn't sell well

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Very nice. Wish I had the space for more like that. Im going to have to kick a kid out and take his room. So how did you find all of that? You don't find those in your local junk shop.

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
So how did you find all of that? You don't find those in your local junk shop.
It has taken an extreme amount of patience and perseverance in some cases. A couple pieces took a few years of poking at the people who owned them saying "hey I want that, don't forget I want it" and sending them photos of my collection so they knew I was serious. Others were lucky finds searching on craigslist and other online sales/auctions/etc.

For example, the New Tech Lightstorm that I recently sold (since I didn't need two) I had originally found at an antique store in North Carolina. They had a facebook page and posted photo overviews of their shop and I saw it in the photo. Called and asked if they still had it, arranged payment and shipping and it was mine.

I like your collection of speaker/lights. It looks like you've got all the major brands and models.
Thank you. There are a couple I would still like to find someday (Whelen 88 PA, Dietz's early light speaker combo, and the Whelen "vader light").

Reactions: Skulldigger

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Did a deep clean and some rearranging of the shelving setup tonight.

IMG_20200705_214422453.jpg

Blitzer beacons from Northern Signal Co
IMG_20200705_222746428.jpg

Trippe Lites: The RF-2 in the back (tall amber) and the FF (green) are the only specimens of such that I have seen before.
IMG_20200705_222759460.jpg

Lectric Lites various flashers that sold under their house label including an FA3 flasher rebranded for them as the FHA
IMG_20200705_222819756_HDR.jpg

Sirens!
IMG_20200705_222829309_HDR.jpg

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
You definitely have a diverse collection of lights. :)

There's a bunch in there I'd like to have. The S&W bar jumped out at me. In the late 80's I was a security guard and drove a Chevy Caprice with an all amber S&W lightbar with sealed beam flashers and internal alley lights. I'd snag one up if I could find one.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Another December, another annual video of the collection. As of posting the link the 4K and HD versions are still processing but should hopefully be up and running soon.

If you ever find yourself looking to sell or trade that Whelen Fastrax, as always, I'm interested.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Forgot to do an update last year, so here is the 2023 update! The light room is a little hectic right now with rearranging, selling and buying...so pardon the dust and choppy video. I also forgot to get the Whelen ALF lightbar that is mounted upside down on the ceiling in the video.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Forgot to do an update last year, so here is the 2023 update! The light room is a little hectic right now with rearranging, selling and buying...so pardon the dust and choppy video. I also forgot to get the Whelen ALF lightbar that is mounted upside down on the ceiling in the video.

The ALF and a FastTrax, both products designed for specific vehicles, are the two things I would like to add to my collection. I really like the way you mounted it to the ceiling. That's probably the only way that anyone could ever justify having one inside at all. Great update!

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Very nice Tony and interestingly, I happened to watch "No Country for Old Men" again on a return flight from Europe this week, and noticed the squad car Chief Bell (Tommy Lee Jones) was driving had the dual 184's and CP25 speaker (although no alley lights) that you have on the floor. I thought this was just cobbled together for the movie, but methinks it was an actual agency configuration somewhere in West Texas (or elsewhere) based on yours. Or maybe you acquired the movie prop!

And I had to pause your video two or three times when it passed over the Mars items:)!

Thanks for sharing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.