tsquale's siren thread - update 07/31/2021

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The older North American Signal siren sounds like a L&S Locktronics! Nice find on that one. Hell, all are unique finds in themselves ;)

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Interesting sounds. I like the Sireno transition into Hy-lo. The Federal wail sounds kinda odds, but I like the Dietz Wail the best. You need my SF-506 Sonic to make your collection complete.

Reactions: tsquale
Jun 18, 2013
PA
If anyone is looking for a Sireno Siren I have a NOS/NIB one I just listed in the for sale thread.
Minty Fresh...
I have had 2 buyers flake out on me..

Someone wants it.. :)

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That Dietz siren is something I've never seen before. I've never seen a siren light up its entire faceplate like that.

From what I know about them, it was made by the same company that made the Magnum siren line for Smith & Wesson. The buttons look near identical and it sounds very similar to the Magnum III

Magnum III sample I found on youtube:

Reactions: lotsofbars

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Quite a bit of buying and selling on this part of the collection lately. Here are a few new additions:

This Fire-Call ES-12B is the first that I have come across. Came out of a fire engine and works similar to a Q2B where it only activates via momentary switch. The "horn" tone doesn't work, but neat none the less.

This Cats-Eye 7701 is another that I have not seen before:

I have seen these over the years and thought they were pretty whimpy. Testing confirms that, VERY quiet output on these:

And then there is this original Fyr-Fyter Penatrator:

A GE PowerCall:

And this Mark X that I have sold off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxS2GDjNqBI

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
That cats eye look like a re branded s&w magnum.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
This Cats-Eye 7701 is another that I have not seen before:
The Cats-Eye 7707 is the same as the Smith & Wesson Magnum IV. The siren was also sold under the Stephenson and Dietz Omnisound brands. What I really like about these sirens is that they sound a lot like the siren in my avatar (Federal PA20A series 2D).

Reactions: Tony P

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Just picked this up from the MN Fire Engine Club!
It sounds a lot like the Federal PA15 and PA20 sirens (c. 1962-1966). The PA15 and PA20 have wail, yelp, and alert (steady) tones just like the Dietz siren.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.