twinsonic 12x half ready

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
must be x mirror day... grabbed this 12x along with a aerotwin x candycane. quick video of one dome polished and the other showing the way i got it. was told it came off a vollys bronco and left in a f.d storage shed, that was in 1988 bar fired rite up still running blue /clear bulbs. not my favorite of configurations but i needed a factory stamped x for the wall.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
one look at the domes and you think, well those are shot. some wet sanding and polishing brought them rite back. as long as theres no deep scratches or cracks i say bring them on..

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That video is a great example when you restore domes that look like there's no hope for. The difference in the two is unmistakable.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
sorry neither bar is for sale. but this leaves me with a clean pallet sort say.
i have a 12e c/c that was sighted to be built into a 12x but now its just blank.. lets go tastefully custom any ideas?? (no leds)

Mars Light

Jun 23, 2011
Leipzig, Germany
If it is a 12E you can built a 12EF. With V-mirror and and 2 front and 2 rear flasher.
You can use the plastic sealed beam holder from a AeroDynic for this project.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
already have all factory configurations covered. looking to go custom on this one. just found some older par36 strobe heads in the whelen off blue color more like teal i guess. vintage would be close im thinking. now just need a supply with a slow alt falsh pattern.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.