Twinsonic 12X to 12 Conversion...

Jun 18, 2013
PA
First off Happy Easter all!
With every holiday comes the influx of relatives... *sigh*

I did a quick swap and detailing of a Twinsonic that I picked up from @Sparky_911

Details of that bar can be found here..

and here..

So I decided that I was not going to leave the X mirrors in the bar, since the endcaps don't call for them.
Thanks to @JazzDad I was able to score some parts a few months back.. so I decided to put them to good use.

Starting point..

Optimized-20190421_111413.jpg

One side down..

Optimized-20190421_112527.jpg

and complete..

Optimized-20190421_122110.jpg

This then leads me to this video...

And that is it...

Now i need to do some yardwork... anything to get away from inlaws... just sayin.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I always enjoy your videos/threads like this! Another job well done Rob

I am trying to get things done that I can do with what I have on hand currently.
I have too many projects missing parts that are on hold until I find what I need.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Excellent job. Glad it went to a great home. Wish I had the patience and time to put forth the efforts you do to these old bars.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I never saw that colour combination before. The Twins I remember seeing in service had the following colour combinations:

Police cars: red covers on both sides, and later red on the driver's side and blue on the passenger's side.

Fire engines: red on both sides.

Ambulances: red on the driver's side and clear with red and white bulbs on the passenger's side.

Tow trucks: amber on both sides, or amber on the driver's side and clear with white and yellow bulbs on the passenger's side.

Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Ambulances: red on the driver's side and clear with red and white bulbs on the passenger's side.

Tow trucks: amber on both sides, or amber on the driver's side and clear with white and yellow bulbs on the passenger's side.

That's interesting. Is it the idea of adding a secondary color?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.