Twinsonic CTS. Craigslist find.

Whiskey 6

Jun 3, 2016
Eastern Utah
Here is my latest Craigslist find out of CA. The guy was asking $150 for this amber lightbar. I contacted him and he wasn’t sure what he had. He said it worked and it was stamped "CTS" on the sides. I negotiated him down to $110. With shipping, I'm into it about $220. I took delivery of it today from FedEx. It was undamaged and I juiced it up. Whala! it works! I had to replace one of the bulbs, and I put red and blue domes on it. She's a bute! Still very dusty on the inside and needs a good cleaning, but I am super happy with this. I thought I would never own a CTS in my collection because they are rare and just too expensive. That was until I found this mega deal.

The mounted alley lights are a nice touch. I have never seen these on a Twin before.

Now I just need to install a flasher for the rear steady light. I have no idea how to do this. I will do some research, it can't be that difficult. I am now in the market for a red dome with the yellow window for the rear flasher. If I remember right, I saw a thread on here about a guy who takes a red dome you provide and he cuts out and installs the yellow window for you. Any leads or ideas would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_5894.PNG
    IMG_5894.PNG
    405.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5933.JPG
    IMG_5933.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5931.JPG
    IMG_5931.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Great find! Typical California set up with the alley lights, actually several agencies thoughout the US had alley lights on thier Twinsonics in a similar fashion. I agree they look great. Here is some pics of some others.

The guy you speak of was Ryan, he no longer produces custom made lenses. You will have to put up a "want" add for an original.

I recommend contacting member "LiftedGMC " he had several for sale recently. He might still have some. Here is his for sale thread:
http://elightbars.org/forums/thread...mes-and-other-twinsonic-domes-for-sale.69224/

Your welcome ;) & Good luck! :)

Attachments

• 5916773635_40c979b114_b.jpg
    5916773635_40c979b114_b.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 25
  • 74nova-police.jpg
    74nova-police.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 77_Nova_police_.jpg
    77_Nova_police_.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 30
  • sandiego.jpg
    sandiego.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Mountains1.jpg
    Mountains1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I believe the flasher is a Tung-sol you can still find them on the bay, and sometime locally in mom and pop hardware stores.
Not really that hard to hook-up and the connection may still be there.
I found finding the PAR-46 lamps harder then the flasher..
again try ebay.

Reactions: Whiskey 6

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
A 552 turn signal flasher from any auto parts store

My CTS has a tall Ideal brand can flasher. The can is about the same color as the PAR46 lamp holders. I've seen several others on here with a tall can flasher as well, so I suspect they're correct. However, these are hens teeth at auto parts stores nowadays.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The 537 is an alternating flasher with 2 output terminals that won't work for 1 bulb, stick with a standard turn signal flasher like the 552

Whiskey 6

Jun 3, 2016
Eastern Utah
Thank you to everyone for your comments and information, very helpful. After some research via this page and others, I now know what I'm looking for. It appears the flasher was removed and they completed the circuit with the red wire in the attached picture. Looks pretty simple, just take out the red wire and insert a new flasher.

As far as the mounts "Shues" was inquiring about, they look like the same type of mounts I have on my Aero that I also got out of CA. See attached pics.

"Jennycop" thanks for the extra pics. It is just that much cooler seeing that setup in service.

Now for the bar itself. It operates smooth and quietly. As you can see from the pics, it needs a good cleaning. A good winter project which is just around the corner.

I will be putting out a "want" notice for the red CTS dome sometime soon.

Thanks again for everyone's input. This is an awesome community.

Attachments

• IMG_5953.JPG
    IMG_5953.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5954.JPG
    IMG_5954.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5955.JPG
    IMG_5955.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5956.JPG
    IMG_5956.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 29

Whiskey 6

Jun 3, 2016
Eastern Utah
Here are the pics of the mounts you were inquiring about, they look like the same type of mounts I have on my Aero that I also got out of CA. See attached pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5954.JPG
    IMG_5954.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5953.JPG
    IMG_5953.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.