TwinSonic Model 12 Diagrams

CatBacker88

Jun 13, 2013
Kansas
I've come into possession of a Model 12 TwinSonic that seems to be "all there" but I'm not sure it's quite right. I've searched high and low on the web and can't come up with a simple diagram of how all the components are correctly installed, specifically the cascade mirrors and the motor. I believe the motor is supposed to be at the back of the driver's side, behind a mirror. I find tons of pretty pictures, but a simple diagram of "what right looks like" is eluding me! Thanks in advance!!!

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I don't have a diagram but I can show some pictures that may help. If you post some pictures of yours we could tell you right off what is right or not.

CatBacker88

Jun 13, 2013
Kansas
I don't have a diagram but I can show some pictures that may help. If you post some pictures of yours we could tell you right off what is right or not.
Thanks, I'll do that! Big question is whether that motor is right or not. There's no way as it sits right now to orient it on a vehicle with that motor at the rear of the driver's side. I went ahead and took the mirrors apart because I'm all but certain they weren't assembled properly either. The good news is the motor runs very smoothly and the rotators seem very content as well.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I wouldn't get too bothered about motor placement position.. so long as it looks similar to what Skulldigger posted. They could have been either on passenger or driver side... and some bars had 2 motors..

just saying.

CatBacker88

Jun 13, 2013
Kansas
Gentlemen, thanks for all your help! I was able to use the pictures to figure out how to rig the mirrors (and they were totally wrong at the start) but that motor is in fact on the passenger side. None of the pictures I've found show a motor on that side, but it's evidently not a show stopper. It runs great, so for now I'll stop trying to figure out how to rebuild it any further. I hope the pics work.

Attachments

• IMG_2307.JPG
    IMG_2307.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2308.JPG
    IMG_2308.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2310.JPG
    IMG_2310.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.