Twinsonic spinning wrong!?!?

JHEATHJR

May 24, 2010
Buckeye, AZ
:shock: I have never seen one running like this with Both Light Heads turning in a Counter Clockwise direction :shock:

How can that be done :?: :?: :?: (I have seen the gut's of these ;) )

(I chose this forum as it seems to fit here more. If I am wrong, That's the least of my worry's in life :lol:

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
They have 2 independent motors, if you look closely the blue is turning slightly faster than the red. Maybe the chain broke and he repaired it redneck style.

6043ron

Jun 3, 2010
USA/Pennsylvania
It has to be 2 motors I would think. Looks kinda cool that way though.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
It is one motor, and the chain has been flipped on the bar and that makes it spin the way it does. It is an optical illusion as to the fpm.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I dunno about that, as I've seen firsthand a couple of Twinsonics homebrewed with dual motors and chains. They were done from a pile of parts when the correct mirror plates, chains, etc. were not available. It took a little effort to do it, especially getting enough links out of the chain for it to fit and work perfectly, but dual motor setups have happened before. In almost 30 years of messing around with lights as a hobby and small side business, I've tried just about everything at some point.......

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Federal also made dual motor TwinSonics upon request. I've not seen one nor seen a video, but I would think that Federal's twin motor units likely spun the rotators in the correct directions. From this video, I cannot tell if this TwinSonic has been given a second motor, but the slight difference in rotation speeds would suggest either two motors or a different sized sprocket on one side and an odd ball chain set up.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I have a original dual motor set-up from fedsig, I sent parts for Eric to make his.

I have emailed the fellow to give me more pics of the set-up

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.