Twinsonic's and visibar, Added 1/31/11 Unknown light?

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
Hi Just posting some pic's of a few of my lights. The top to bottom Twinsonic EV, 12 and visibar. Let me know what u think? I will try to get pic's of all my lights.

Added 1/31/11 I have a unknown spot light on top of one of my twinsonic speaker grills. I would like to find more info on it and if its rare or not?

HPIM1271.jpg

HPIM1283.jpg

HPIM1284.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Nice start!!! Another 180 some twinsonics and you'll be close to me.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Nice looking group of bars!

I have had several of both of these types of lightbars over the years, but have downsized and right now, I only have ONE Visibar and ONE Twinsonic.

Coincidentally, they are both for sale on eBay this week, so if you're interested, please check them out.

TrafficCop

Jun 14, 2010
Fern Creek, KY
towman88 said:
Hi Just posting some pic's of a few of my lights. The top to bottom Twinsonic EV, 12 and visibar. Let me know what u think? I will try to get pic's of all my lights.

Good looking lights. If you want to trade that visibar let me know..

Jeff

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
smitty711 said:
Have 3 sets of LAPD aero feet with the alley lights. (1 set possibly sold pending deal) will have pics up later

Ummm...I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong section.

The "for sale" section is down the hall to the right, just past the drinking fountain. :bonk:

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
CFD125 said:

The "for sale" section is down the hall to the right, just past the drinking fountain. :bonk:

????????????

Added a unknown spot light.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Those remote spotlights were widely used here in Louisiana for years by many departments, including the state police. They were mounted on top of lightbar speaker housings until the widespread use of all light bars with plastic center lenses in the mid to late 90s made them unsuitable for mounting. Some are still used on Whelen Edge and Liberty frames here because of their aluminum top frame and I've seen them still in use on some of the same bars in Florida too. However, the ones we used had the same type of housing as shown in the picture but a straighter and narrower mounting "stick" instead of that flared mounting stick on the light in the picture. They have a 420 degree rotation (yeah, it's supposed to overlap a little bit) and a 70 degree vertical range of movement. They were great for providing illumination all around the vehicle, whereas pillar mounted spotlights are severely limited and cannot penetrate the passenger's side and rear of a vehicle. They were sometimes spray painted black, along with the speaker housing, for a stealthy look to keep sunlight from reflecting off it and giving away an approaching patrol car in traffic or one hiding in a radar ambush.

I bought a bunch of these lights at a local city's surplus auction several years ago after they discontinued using them, and I still have several of them, along with some empty chrome housings, and a few of the controllers. There are two types of controller, and one type is a flat chrome panel for flush mounting and the other is a rectangular plastic box. Both types have a "joystick" toggle switch for moving the light, a round knob for controlling the speed of the light's movement, and separate switches for the on/off and spot/flood options.

I've always wanted to try to convert one of these housings into a test version of a Trio can light, as it looks like it would be simple to do, however, I never tried it. If anybody is feeling frisky and wants to try it themselves, let me know, and we can work out a deal for a couple of the housings so you can try it.

BTW, towman88, I sent you a PM about a controller for you.

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
yeah had 2 boxes open at once and posted in the wrong spot!DUH

CFD125 said:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.