For Sale Two FedSig Q sirens (need work)

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Hi guys,

I have two Federal Signal Q sirens that need some work to become functional. I was going to fix them up but I just don't have the use for them. Make an offer on either or both sirens. Buyer pays shipping.

Siren #1: Q2B with front grille, brake, and rear bullet housing. No mount. Rotor spins but has not been tested. The chrome has scratches and small dents but would be presentable if polished a little. With a pedestal, this siren would be halfway decent.

Siren #2: Q2BS (not sure what S means) with no front grille or rear housing. Includes pedestal that has brake assembly built in. The rear stator housing has a 1" crack that impinges on the rotor so it does not currently spin. The chrome on the housing is also very rough and flaking off. My plan for this was to strip it down and paint it to match whatever apparatus it went on.

Attachments

• IMG-4087.jpg
    IMG-4087.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-4088.jpg
    IMG-4088.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-4089.jpg
    IMG-4089.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 14

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Siren #2: Q2BS (not sure what S means)

We may have the answer, here:

Ok boys and girls, I have spoken to a good friend of mine on this matter. I figured he may know for the following reasons. He's a Retired Henrico Fire Captain of Logistics and (Lights and Siren Guru) and also owns a 1940's or 50's Seagrave Tiller with the noise Q2B like the early photos.

He tells me that the S stands for Surface Mount. Just by speaking to him on the phone, he was able to identify this siren as a Federal Q2B without the bullet on the back, but with the regular pedestal mount on the bottom and possibly a tag on the motor. He claims that this siren is probably from the 1960' or 70's because early one had no tag and the model number was stamped on to the motor housing itself.

He claims that these used to be in 1970's era Federal Signal Catalogs. But he doesn't have any of those catalogs, trust me I asked.... :sadcry:

I hope this helps,

5-0

Reactions: philyumpshus

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.