Two old beacons

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
I ran across these two old beacons at a place I used to work, and the boss told me to take them home if I wanted them. I don't know much more about them than whats stamped on the bases.

First is a Dietz 7-40 S.A.E.-W3-70

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_972_0352.jpg

Second is a Unity MFG. Model RV-25

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_972_0351.jpg

Can anyone give me any more info on them, how old are they, are they of any value or not even worth the dust that covers them?

Thanks in advance

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Those things were a dime a dozen around here, literally. I bought a pallet with several of the Unitys on it a few years back at a construction company bankruptcy auction for a dollar bill. That's right, $1. I passed along the bargain, as the wide load pilot car fellas got good deals on them when I sold them for $20 each.

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Thanks for the info. The condition seen is pretty well it, the lenses aren't the best, but theirs no major flaws to note. They worked when I tested them, and seemed okay to me. I'd like to get rid of them, they're just taking up space, but I don't want to make another post of items no one wants.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
FD7108 said:
I'd like to get rid of them, they're just taking up space, but I don't want to make another post of items no one wants.

Doesn't hurt to try in the Vintage For Sale section. You never know who'd want them ;) :cool: .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.