UBL Dual Dash Light - Anyone familiar?

Nov 1, 2010
Mass.
Has anyone used this product, or are they familiar with it?

https://www.ultrabrightlightz.com/ubl-dual-dash-light/

It looks like UBL bought the mold/etc. for the Whelen Talon and are now making it as an in-house product. Can anyone speak to the quality/performance of this? If it would be largely the same as getting a NIB Talon for $90 it's tempting, but if the quality has gone downhill it might not be worthwhile

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
It looks like the typical Chinese/import Talon Knockoff. I don't think they actually manufacturer them themselves.. I could be wrong but their stuff looks like a lot of what others in the imported emergency equipment market have.

Reactions: Tony P

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
Further research reveals the light gets excellent reviews as does UBL. To me that's what matters. They don't seem like a company that won't stand behind it. There are many out there that have issues doing that, which is what typically give the imported light market a bad name.

If you are on the fence about it, reviews (Both on their site and elsewhere) should be the thing that sways you. I havn't seen any negative reviews anywhere. With the amount of reviews they have, you would have heard of a negative review if there was a problem with them.

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
Stan, I'm going to lean towards your first comment being more accurate. I've got one of those red/blue talon clones (no idea where I got it, might be UBL). I'll say that it's definitely a Chinese light & is no Whelen product. The only whelen rebranding of talons was done thru Gall's.

In regards to the reviews, I wonder if there is "selective monitoring" going on...

Reactions: Tony P

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
ive got one of those chinese knock offs in my unmarked unit with only 2 or 3 flash options, looks like the talon lights and has the same mold but crappy quality, allready had an issue with the led light alignment and fit... now that i got my old Dashmasters Fixed and working again im going to use them till they Die and i cant replace the strobes.

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
ive got one of those chinese knock offs in my unmarked unit with only 2 or 3 flash options, looks like the talon lights and has the same mold but crappy quality, allready had an issue with the led light alignment and fit... now that i got my old Dashmasters Fixed and working again im going to use them till they Die and i cant replace the strobes.

Hell... After the strobes die (I'd actually recommend it now), throw some LIN6's in there on a ULF22/44 (or 2 smart 500's) & rock out!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
the good thing I found is that I have a guy who can fix my power supplies and units as long as they arent the ones fully encapsulated cause theres no way to get into those.... I wish the Leds were replaceable individually but then that wouldnt be profitable to the main manufacturers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.