UHF Antenna & LED Lights Mounting Question

jluisi86

Jul 12, 2010
Poconos, PA
I am running a Motorola CDM1550 LS+ in the 450-527MHz range with the proper antenna of course mounted on the top of my back-rack. I want to install Whelen LINZ6 on the back-rack also and might want to install one right under the antenna mount which is going to put the antenna and LED light within 2-3" of each other. Is this ok? or will it cause interference? I know with strobes they can cause interference with radios and such but I don’t know if the LED light head will... Thanks!

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
The LEDs shouldn't cause any interference. The primary reason for the interference from the strobes was because of the high voltage discharge involved with them when they would flash.

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
You will be good. If you use a shielded cable for the Linz it could help against any interference that shows up.

robertwrackl

Jun 3, 2010
USA NY
I am a dispatcher for my town police and fire communications center. I am also a volunteer firefighter. We operate in the UHF spectrum and we have experienced interference when the antennas are placed in close proximety to led's with self contained flashers, especially lightbars.

jluisi86

Jul 12, 2010
Poconos, PA
No light bar here at all. The light head does have its own flasher though... I cant see it causing interference but if it does for some reason ill just re-mount it somewhere.

Or i can just temp. mount the light head right next to the antenna and test it out and see what happens...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.