ULF28 and Ghosts

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I'm going to be re-wiring my car tomorrow and will be syncing all of my lights using a Whelen ULF28. I've got 2 EPI911 TIR3 lights in my grill, 2 Ghosts on my headliner, and 2 Whelen TIR3s on the B posts.

With the ULF28 flasher, do I need to run the white and black Ghost wires to the flasher's ground? Or can I ground them locally?

Attached is the ULF28 schematic.

ULF28.pdf

Attachments

• ULF28.pdf
    312 bytes · Views: 29

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Based on the schematic... I'd say grounds to the flasher... I haven't used the ULF 28... but my thought is if it gives you a ground for a light... it's for a reason...

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
Yeah I agree. That is a ground side flasher. If you ground your lights locally and run only 12v (+) then your lights will all steady burn.

That flasher is similar to a ground side traffic advisor controller. You could run one 12v (+) to all the lights (take into consideration wire guage) but each light needs it's own ground wire back to the flasher.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
see if you can trade the ulf28 for a ulf44???

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
Thanks guys.

I ended up just running power and ground wires for each light. My lighting set up idea changed as the install progressed, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.