Uniden Scanner Question

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
Does anyone know if the (now discontinued) Uniden 996T will work with a 9600 baud P25 system. I am not sure of the diffrences between the 996t and the current 996XT. I have a Uniden 785D with an APCO card however I blew all my money on the APCO upgrade not knowing that my new town system has at 9600baud rate and that is THE ONLY FREAKIN thing the card is not capable of.

So I am in the market for a new scanner and not exactly sure what the difference is between the 996T and 996XT since I have a better shot at finding a decent price on the 996T than the XT to save a few bucks. I just wanna make sure its capable of our cluster of a system.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6344 This is our system it is still tied into our low band frequency. I dont wanna get into the details it makes my head spin and is a very volatile topic and is still very glitchy. But regardless if anyone can shed any light I would greatly appriciate it.

mcs@mcsradio.com

May 27, 2010
PA
I believe the 996xt is the upgrade to the 996t and will allow programming of narrowband channels (2.5khz spacing) which are to be mandatory Jan, 2013. You may get some interference from adjacent channels with the older model.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.