2 split R/W Vertex hideaways

Whelen Motorcycle siren
Carson Speaker

Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'd angle the intersectors a bit more to the side- you are loosing allot of the warning to the nose cowl.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
unlisted said:
I'd angle the intersectors a bit more to the side- you are loosing allot of the warning to the nose cowl.

+1 i agree

nice install overall, love the mounting of the siren, very nice and clean

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Yea. I did design it and sold them the lights. It's going to Israel soon. A lot of the emergency vehicles in Israel are made in the USA then shipped by boat.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Leave it to Hatzolah to figure out a way to put all that lighting (more than my full sized SUV) on a moped. :dielaugh:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice work, but too bad most POVs can't have that much warning on them.

I say throw a few pounds of Chinese food on each handle and you'll have you nice delivery scooter!

VolEms said:
Yea. I did design it and sold them the lights. It's going to Israel soon. A lot of the emergency vehicles in Israel are made in the USA then shipped by boat.

Wow, sounds like the shipping & logistics of getting a small scooter to Israel is more of a hassle than it would be to find someone there that can do the install (the country is the size of my backyard so it wouldn't be too far of a commute lol)

May 22, 2010
New York City
VolEms said:

another job by audio depot i see :haha:

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
If you look at the bikes made in Israel. They put 2 gen1 leds in the front and a hologen rotator on the box with a euro siren. I prefer my setup, much safer and effective. Its much cheaper to buy the bike and install it in the USA. Everything is very expensive there.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
VolEms said:
If you look at they made in Israel. They put 2 gen1 leds in the front and a hologen rotator on the box with a euro siren. I prefer my setup, much safer and effective.

No doubt that your setup is a lot more comprehensive and visible, buddy...I think we just found their choice of the "vehicle" as a QRV a little funny. I know they have a bunch of small streets there, but I think they could've chosen a better bike with a little more power

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
pdk9 said:
No doubt that your setup is a lot more comprehensive and visible, buddy...I think we just found their choice of the "vehicle" as a QRV a little funny. I know they have a bunch of small streets there, but I think they could've chosen a better bike with a little more power

They have absolutely no need for more power...The alleys that they respond in are tiny, and very winding. They don't need more power, only to not be able to use it. I'd also argue the need for all those lights, but hey, that's just me being practical.

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
sJHlDYX.jpg
EMT-BLS said:
They have absolutely no need for more power...The alleys that they respond in are tiny, and very winding. They don't need more power, only to not be able to use it. I'd also argue the need for all those lights, but hey, that's just me being practical.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I don't think this scooter is overkill one bit. I wanted to put more Rect14's in the windshield but only 2 fit. They use it to respond Code 3 every day. I think it's important the medic rider is safe. I think the average US motorcop has more warning. Look at all the LEDs they mount on the radio box. I'm very happy with how the install came out.

Mike L.

May 21, 2010
Everett, WA
CPDG23 said:
Leave it to Hatzolah to figure out a way to put all that lighting (more than my full sized SUV) on a moped. :dielaugh:

Actually Hatzolah in Israel is not the same as in NY. 'Ambu-cycle' saving thousands of lives when seconds count

In a country like Israel that is constantly in a state of war or under terrorist attack, it makes perfect sense to use vehicles like this for rapid response.

Considering nothing is made specifically for scooters, i like the install. Nice and clean highly visible. Though I think they could have used a better box for the gear.

Maybe something like this: http://www.seavivalsystems.com/images/medicycle.jpg

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
pdk9 said:
but I think they could've chosen a better bike with a little more power
As long as we all don't know exactly about their response area, specifics and requirements, I think we should not adjudicate on sense or nonsense about the choice of a response vehicle.

Remember, there are many providers around the world that even use bicycles for fast medical response - just check out London Ambulance Service, for example. I've also seen First Responders on large company premises or during major events on segways, some of them even using lights and sirens.

It's not always horse power that counts, it's the field of action that determines what's the best choice. There's surely no "jack of all trades device" meeting everybody's requirements in the same way - an ambulance service mainly responding to road traffic collisions on highways will surely have some different fleet than somebody working in a downtown maze with winding, narrow streets.

V

Volunteer

I've seen these scooters responding several times and I must say that they always have inadequate lighting packages, you really can never see them when they enter an intersection. Finally they made one with a ton more lights, it seems like overkill but trust me driving that in Israel with what they usually have (just the beacon on the equipment box) is just flat out dangerous.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.