Unitrol 80H help

merlenk0

May 27, 2010
Portland, OR
Does anyone have a copy of the install instructions for an Unitrol 80H siren amp. I've tried searching the FS site without a lot of luck. The amp looks identical to the 80K and has the same plug set up but the connections are marked completely differently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Could you post some photos of your amp, especially of the connection markings, please?

There is an old thread that seems to indicate that the 80K and 80H are interchangeable, here:

There is another old thread with some additional historical information on the series, here:

Members @EVModules and @AlexM2013 may be able to help. Also, @SoloRTP may be of assistance if anyone knows him personally or how to contact him offline, as he hasn't been on here in several years.

merlenk0

May 27, 2010
Portland, OR
IMG-20190121-121300-1.jpg

Apologies it's on its side. I'll a bit new to this photo posting business.

My questions are in no particular order:

What/ where's the Wail?
Does the air horn wire live in the same place as it does on an 80K?
Is auto cycling the same as "sweep' on a Touchmaster series?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My thanks to Shues for your help.

Regards,

Bob

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Does the air horn wire live in the same place as it does on an 80K?

According to an old post, the 80H lacks an airhorn tone:
Actually, the 480K is a full-function control head, which will hook up to any of the 80-series amplifiers. The primary difference between the 80K and the older 80H was the addition of electronic air horn to the K models. Some 80H amps were field-modified to provide air horn, once techs had a chance to compare the H and K schematics. H and K amps and heads are interchangeable, though of course the H control head doesn't have an air horn switch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.