Wanted Unitrol Omega 90 Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2022
Maine, USA
I am looking for the amp to controller cable for the Unitrol Omega 90. From some quick digging I have found that it might be called the "CA90" cable, at least according to an online manual for the Omega 90. If this not the correct name of the cable, any help in finding the actual cable would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
CA-90 or UCA-90 is the cable that connects an Omega 90 amplifier to an Omega series control head.

CA-92 or UCA-92 is the cable that connects an Omega 90 amplifier to another Omega 90 amplifier for dual-tone operation.

Aug 2, 2022
Maine, USA
CA-90 or UCA-90 is the cable that connects an Omega 90 amplifier to an Omega series control head.

CA-92 or UCA-92 is the cable that connects an Omega 90 amplifier to another Omega 90 amplifier for dual-tone operation.
That certainly helps clear up any question about what cable it is, thanks! Now all I have to do is find someone that is willing to sell that cable.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
They’re not easily found. About 15 years ago, there was someone on here who was making them, I picked up both cables and ran dual tone omegas in my truck. Probably my favorite setup ever.

Anyway, they CAN be made, additionally, you can put the omegas on toggle switches vs having to use a control head. I had mine running off a ss2000 aux switches at one point.

If you don’t have the Pinouts, let me know. I’ve seen people solder directly to the pins in the connectors on the omega to get what they needed tone wise.

Good Luck,
Seth

Unitroler

Mar 17, 2016
Virginia
They’re not easily found. About 15 years ago, there was someone on here who was making them, I picked up both cables and ran dual tone omegas in my truck. Probably my favorite setup ever.

Anyway, they CAN be made, additionally, you can put the omegas on toggle switches vs having to use a control head. I had mine running off a ss2000 aux switches at one point.

If you don’t have the Pinouts, let me know. I’ve seen people solder directly to the pins in the connectors on the omega to get what they needed tone wise.

Good Luck,
Seth
I have an SSP, how can i connect my omega 90 amp to it?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana

To quote an old post quoting a much older post:
The Omega 90 manual is here: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/8143

The pinout for the CA90 control cable is as as follows:

Here is the original list of CA90 wire colors as used with the Omega 90 amplifier: http://www.freeyabb.com/elightbars/view ... bars#42313

To summarize Klein36:
1-CHC BLUE
2-Kill BLACK
3-A/H BROWN
4-Man WHITE
5-Audio YELLOW
6-Audio VIOLET
7-Mic GREY
8-Shield BARE
9-Vol VIOLET/WHITE STRIPE
10-Bias(...?) RED/WHITE
11-SWP PINK
12-Wail ORANGE
13-Yelp RED
14-PTT GREEN

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
You have to use the Pinout of the omega 90 and toggle the functions with the on/off or momentary relays of the ssp.

So my old SS2000 ran its regular siren on its regular buttons and the aux buttons ran my Omega 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.