For Sale Unitrol Series 800 sirens and controls

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
OK, I need to make room and get rid of some stuff. I had planned on testing and cleaning these up and selling them for more, but I don't have the time or space. So here they are in their fresh out of storage, untested state - your choice, first paid first served, $50 shipped. I will even throw in an original, period correct Shure microphone with each Series 800 siren you buy. Keep in mind that both sirens and mics are untested, so these are being sold for parts/repair/restoration or static display. Feeling lucky? It will *probably* work, just don't count on it. If you'd like to increase your chances of success, buy three or more! I'll make a deal with you...

See the photos below - some are missing knobs actually, I think I have knobs for all of them, missing switch tips, or podsibly even the twist-lock fuse cap. Some have writing on them, labels, or old sticker remnants. Some have broken pilot lamp lenses. It doesn't make them bad sirens, just misunderstood. Choose which siren you'd like from the photos. Remember, first paid gets first choice.

Poop emoji means SOLD, please choose another.

I'm going on vacation next week (8/30) and will be away until 9/12. If you'd like a Series 800 siren, order now so I can get it shipped out Monday!

20220813_143107.jpg

Reactions: Ss6911

Maczuga

Oct 30, 2023
POLAND
OK, I need to make room and get rid of some stuff. I had planned on testing and cleaning these up and selling them for more, but I don't have the time or space. So here they are in their fresh out of storage, untested state - your choice, first paid first served, $50 shipped. I will even throw in an original, period correct Shure microphone with each Series 800 siren you buy. Keep in mind that both sirens and mics are untested, so these are being sold for parts/repair/restoration or static display. Feeling lucky? It will *probably* work, just don't count on it. If you'd like to increase your chances of success, buy three or more! I'll make a deal with you...

See the photos below - some are missing knobs actually, I think I have knobs for all of them, missing switch tips, or podsibly even the twist-lock fuse cap. Some have writing on them, labels, or old sticker remnants. Some have broken pilot lamp lenses. It doesn't make them bad sirens, just misunderstood. Choose which siren you'd like from the photos. Remember, first paid gets first choice.

Poop emoji means SOLD, please choose another.

I'm going on vacation next week (8/30) and will be away until 9/12. If you'd like a Series 800 siren, order now so I can get it shipped out Monday!

View attachment 238638
Hi, I have my self a Unitro 800 control module and it is paired to a Twinsonic lightbar. However none of the control lights (green, blue, red, yellow) of the module are working. Also pos. 1 ‚lights’ are not making the Twinsonic blink, however pos. 2 and 3 are working just fine. Any idea where I could get a new set of those diodes and why the Twinsonic isn’t blinking?

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 9

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Hi, I have my self a Unitro 800 control module and it is paired to a Twinsonic lightbar. However none of the control lights (green, blue, red, yellow) of the module are working. Also pos. 1 ‚lights’ are not making the Twinsonic blink, however pos. 2 and 3 are working just fine. Any idea where I could get a new set of those diodes and why the Twinsonic isn’t blinking?
The indicators are not diodes but small incandescent lamps. I'm not sure if the tiny bulbs are replaceable by themselves or if you have to buy each individual pilot lamp assembly from someplace like Digikey or Mauser. I would open it up and pop one of the lights out and measure dimensions and go from there. As for your second question, I may be wrong but it sounds like your slider switch is dirty and no allowing position 1 to work. Get some contact cleaner and spray out the switch while working it back and forth and see if it fixes your problem.

Your other option is to contact user mountainman here and arrange to have him go through and repair your siren.

Maczuga

Oct 30, 2023
POLAND
I see that there is apprently no seperate connection to the two „blinker lamps”. The whole Twinsonic seems to be powered by one cable with two wires. Also I guess I’m missing the center speaker? The siren sound comes from a speaker under the hood.

Are there any service manuals available? Appreciate any help and clues. I’m brand new to this topic.

Thanks,

Artur

Attachments

• IMG_3491.jpeg
    IMG_3491.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3496.jpeg
    IMG_3496.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3495.jpeg
    IMG_3495.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3493.jpeg
    IMG_3493.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3488.jpeg
    IMG_3488.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2

Maczuga

Oct 30, 2023
POLAND
Could you tell me a bit about my Unitrol control module? What are those two push to side buttons located at the right top? Do I understand right, I could hook up a mic to it and install a PA speaker in my lightbar to chat to folk on the street?
If so, would you have any similar unitrol control left (on your pic all seem the same and I have no clue).
Probably I am missing some brackets and I don’t have also a mic. Would you have one in a decent shape?
You can reply to my email at wojak@hotmail.de
Big thanks,

Artur

Attachments

• IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.